Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much food can I order in F?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
All I can say is...

Good grief....
+1.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:39 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by kaka
I agree w you re food quality in cx and qr.
I sent the desired travel itin for our 2015 long hol to the missus this afternoon. Explained we'll be spending 4 hours in the QR Al Mourjan lounge in DOH and gave her the lounge review http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-qatar...lounge-in-doha . Her feedback was - "why no food photo???"

If you want a culinary explosion, try JL F.
Probable problem for me only due to my utter dependence on Asia Miles for long haul travel, but I do not enjoy being the sashimi entree (high JL YQ).
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by percysmith
I can sleep reasonably well in economy, slightly better in premium economy and regional business, and very well in long-haul business. Why do I need first for sleeping?
If you can sleep in the Y cabin, more power to you. I can't, unfortunately.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by percysmith
I sent the desired travel itin for our 2015 long hol to the missus this afternoon. Explained we'll be spending 4 hours in the QR Al Mourjan lounge in DOH and gave her the lounge review http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-qatar...lounge-in-doha . Her feedback was - "why no food photo???"
Haha, amateur! I spent 8 hours in the Turkish Airlines Lounge at IST.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...e-flights.html
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Haha, amateur! I spent 8 hours in the Turkish Airlines Lounge at IST.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...e-flights.html
thing with QR lounge is, halal food. the lounge is a big wow, but half of the food isnt quite sth you want to eat.

and JAL F onboard, otoh, is. mesmerizing.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:16 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
thing with QR lounge is, halal food. the lounge is a big wow, but half of the food isnt quite sth you want to eat.

and JAL F onboard, otoh, is. mesmerizing.
The JL onboard catering is the best of any oneworld carrier. I can't say that about their F lounge at NRT though. Beef curry, some sort of cream soup, pickles, etc. It's always the same.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
[deleted]
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

need to post sometime...but with 2 Pax on a 744 in F SFO-HKG earlier this year, I had the opportunity to sample and enjoy a large portion of the menu. Oh and for the Haven, I've ordered several things off the menu before when they looked good. The portion sizes aren't that large.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:56 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Just dropped by the haven. Portions of tge main was tiny. If you can only order 1 then its normal to feel hungry after. I got served 2 pcs of beef cheek - probably the amount of meat fda would hv recommended... 50grams?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Reminds of the time when I flew HKG-MEL on CX F (yes it was a long time ago), and I dozed off to sleep right after take off. I heard the 'clink, clink' of silverware on plates, but was really comatosed to it all. Then suddenly, I heard a 'Mr Betsy, time to wake up.. we're landing soon.'

I missed both supper and breakfast !
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:28 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Reminds of the time when I flew HKG-MEL on CX F (yes it was a long time ago), and I dozed off to sleep right after take off. I heard the 'clink, clink' of silverware on plates, but was really comatosed to it all. Then suddenly, I heard a 'Mr Betsy, time to wake up.. we're landing soon.'

I missed both supper and breakfast !
What happened to those "Please wake me up for meal" stickers we used to get in the amenity kits in Y? We should print our own?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Don't worry, no falling on the sleep for me as I have a 2 day layover before flying FRA-HKG. I shall be very refreshed for the plane ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.