Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

direct luggage checkin on CDG-HKG-PEK with 3 days layover?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Flying first class on CX from Paris to Beijing via Hong Kong, and stoping for 3 days in Hong Kong. Is there any chance that I can check my luggage directly to Beijing, or leave it to Cathay during my stay in Hong Kong.

Thank you!
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:26 am

CX could accept luggage checked-in only the day before your flight.
There's paid storage available on arrival floor in HKG, & the rate is quite reasonable.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:33 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
>24 hours? Don't think so http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...-syd-tips.html
Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by maplenight
Flying first class on CX from Paris to Beijing via Hong Kong, and stoping for 3 days in Hong Kong. Is there any chance that I can check my luggage directly to Beijing, or leave it to Cathay during my stay in Hong Kong.

Thank you!
No.

Unless your connection is less than 24 hours, then yes. Stored baggage at the airport is your only solution but that may work out rather expensive. So your best bet is to take the luggage with you. And maybe check in 24 hours before your flight to PEK and then you may check your bags through at the Airport Express stations.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
I once (having managed to check my luggage through) was told on arriving at the end of my first sector that I had to collect my luggage after all because the layover time was...

(wait for it, wait for it...)

too long because it was...

24 hours AND FIVE MINUTES

It took an hour for my bag to be delivered to the belt (so much for F priority tags). I was soooooooo angry...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:43 am

Theres a luggage storage facility at HKIA for cheap.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by IanFromHKG
I once (having managed to check my luggage through) was told on arriving at the end of my first sector that I had to collect my luggage after all because the layover time was...

too long because it was...

24 hours AND FIVE MINUTES

It took an hour for my bag to be delivered to the belt (so much for F priority tags). I was soooooooo angry...
If you checked it through, it should have been tagged to the final destination. How did they tell you later that it was not checked through? What if you had not received this message?

Others have posted here that they have checked luggage through for >24 hrs but day before (i.e. only one overnight). It was some time ago and I don't have a record of those posts. It would be nice to know the official story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.