Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JNB checkin times

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:44 am
Original Poster

JNB checkin times

My partner and I were booked on F for one of the last 747 JNB-HKG flights yesterday and the checkin process at JNB was a NIGHTMARE. Took 1 hour to have the boarding pass issued (our documents/visas/tixx were all in proper order). The person in front of us also took over 30 mins.

Apparently they have recently upgraded/changed their systems and the staff are having quite a bit of trouble with it. Nothing you can really do - just try to encourage the staff to find a supervisor who should be able to communicate with the IT dept directly in order to fix any problems. Really not much you can do about it other than be patient
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

JNB F counter was a nightmare last August (And yes I shared my thoughts)

Can't imagine it with the new system
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
So--please don't jump on the CX noob!--is F no longer offered on the HKG-JNB route? I was checking on ba.com this morning and it says F cabin isn't operated any more.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Preacher7
So--please don't jump on the CX noob!--is F no longer offered on the HKG-JNB route? I was checking on ba.com this morning and it says F cabin isn't operated any more.
Sadly its being discontinued. IIRC the 31st was the last day of service on the 744 for this route.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
They must have mastered the new system. Check in for CX 748 today took three or four minutes.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Mr_Tudball
They must have mastered the new system. Check in for CX 748 today took three or four minutes.
Glad to hear they had some improvement ^

Now if only CX had a 748 for that route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.