Wiki Posts
Search

AA Code, AS Metal, MPC elite

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
AA Code, AS Metal, MPC elite

AA Code/AS Metal been discussed before so, mods, please move to the older threads if you deem this is better placed there. Starting a new one since this is about something besides the usual club/asiamiles question.

Booked SJC-SEA-FAI (AS metal all the way, but AA code on the first segment) on AA.com and put in my MPC number at the booking stage itself. The AA confirmation came with 'AA baggage policy applies' (DOT rules), and detailed the 2 free bags allowance.

In this case, the fare was the same whether I booked as AA or AS code, and since we had bags to check-in, this worked well.

Had to explain to the check-in agent at SJC ('and why does AA give you free bags') who took a bit of time, but never suggested that a bag fees w/should apply.

Oh, and the double asiamiles referred to by Short hair Francis in this thread is still live and kicking
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...e-service.html

Looking at the dates the 'double' miles are posting, I'm guessing that when AA's batch process goes to CX, we get the club miles, and then AS' batch gets us the asiamiles (date of posting is different).

And, it gets better - our next ticket was FAI-SEA-ORD with AS/AA metal and AS/AA code, but booked on AA.com. the AA segment was in F so bag fees was anyway not going to be an issue, but, we got club miles for the FAI-SEA segment as well (though i need to get CX to correct the SEA-ORD mileage, which posted as economy instead of First)

Now to get the SJC-SEA club/asiamiles to show up (SEA-FAI from that itin posted just as Asiamiles - which makes sense).

Last edited by jagmeets; Mar 20, 2014 at 10:07 pm
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I have noticed before that AA.com automatically puts 2PC on the TKT when MPO elite membership number is put in, and thought to try something like this one day and see what would happen. Glad you confirmed this loophole (though who knows how long it would last).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.