Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Photos of the new Cathay Pacific Lounge at Hong Kong- 'The Bridge'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photos of the new Cathay Pacific Lounge at Hong Kong- 'The Bridge'

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
I decided to do a little "lounge hopping" since I came in near the bridge before heading over to the wing and I was impressed with the setup. ^
Old Dec 22, 2013, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
When I experienced the Bridge I thought it was very homely and tastefully executed. The quality of the food was very good and seemed more extensive than the Wing and definitely more than the Pier. The Bakery was a particular highlight. The only thing missing was a meat pizza (there was only vegetarian and seafood at the time I visited).
Bravo Singapore_Air, this is rather surprising that you visited a CX lounge and tried CX. Good to know that you appreciate the services of CX. In the same way, I fly with both CX and SQ and like both airlines.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 8:29 am

the bridge has a very ordinary breakfast, was expected more and left disappointed.

the shower is indeed luxurious.

maybe shower and enjoy the coffee then to elsewhere for food?

which lounge is good for a decent lunch at hong kong food? if not, would visit a hong kong restaurant at the airport.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tboons
which lounge is good for a decent lunch at hong kong food? if not, would visit a hong kong restaurant at the airport.
I honestly prefer the Cabin even though there is no F section. The Peninsula sandwiches are nice, as is the noodle bar.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:18 am

Has anyone had problems waiting for a shower at the Bridge so far?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was underwhelmed by the Bridge. I liked the furnishings but the space itself is rather dull. Food selection late morning was limited. Maybe it gets better from lunch onwards?

update: I'm in the Wing right now, and blown away by the food quality at the Noodle Bar. A much more interesting space, as well.

Last edited by Kacee; Jan 5, 2014 at 5:22 pm
Old Jan 5, 2014, 7:48 am

Was at the Bridge in November, arrived early afternoon , long haul from sydney ...so has a very welcomed shower ...everything went well until ( midway during shower) a frantic knock startled me. I made a response but a few minutes later there was another frantic knock. ...what's happening ? ...I was only inside for less than 10 mins !! Were they chasing me out ? If not cant they see that's its occupied !

As I exited I realize the door was a heavy solid door not unlike a bank vault and there wasn't any signage to indicate if the room was occupied or not ...at least I couldn't see one !

Mr foster .... That's is unacceptable !

The food well ... ( I had some thai curry n rice ) which was ok but generally the food was very mediocre indeed esp the so called pizza .....it was just little triangles in a Bain Marie !,,

I like the location of the bridge but they could do with an operations overhaul !
Old Jul 1, 2023, 11:15 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
It's a shame that the additions since 1998 have been done by different architects, and IMHO, look to be a very different design quality. The airport is starting lose it's airiness with the changes that are happening/happened.

PS: I'm referring to the airport generally, not the new lounges.
Shame on HKIA for cheaping out on the design.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:00 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
I see no cheapening of any design re this lounge - it is a rather luxurious area and there are many images and descriptions on-line
The showers and area are firmly controlled by the experienced staff and users shown where to go and which shower room to use.
The control of the facility is necessarily fairly tight as it is very normal to need to make a booking.
There would be no stray passengers wondering around the area without staff being aware and so any 'frantic knocking' would indeed seem to be odd
Old Jul 4, 2023, 1:13 am

Why is this thread back? The Bridge is permanently (“permanently”?) closed.
ernestnywang and Reply1984 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by CXYYZ
Why is this thread back? The Bridge is permanently (“permanently”?) closed.
It's permanently closed as per the last press release from CX regarding this lounge. However I've seen airlines U-turn their decisions to permanently close a lounge before which is exactly what happened with the QF lounge at HKG.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 5:25 pm

Apparently The Bridge was being used by airport and airline staff in some capacity during Covid, I had a sticky-beak as best I could during my last visit and from what I could see it appeared to still be in 'lounge mode' rather than having been converted into offices etc.

I'd really like to see The Bridge come back in some capacity – it might not be under the CX flag because The Pier is only a few minutes' stroll away, and then you also have third-party lounges upstairs (Chase Sapphire and AMEX Centurion) so I don't know who would take this up if not CX, perhaps Plaza Premium?
Old Jul 19, 2023, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Apparently The Bridge was being used by airport and airline staff in some capacity during Covid, I had a sticky-beak as best I could during my last visit and from what I could see it appeared to still be in 'lounge mode' rather than having been converted into offices etc.

I'd really like to see The Bridge come back in some capacity – it might not be under the CX flag because The Pier is only a few minutes' stroll away, and then you also have third-party lounges upstairs (Chase Sapphire and AMEX Centurion) so I don't know who would take this up if not CX, perhaps Plaza Premium?
Does CX still own the lease for the lounge? I suppose if traffic continues to rebound, CX may reconsider?
Old Jul 19, 2023, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Does CX still own the lease for the lounge? I suppose if traffic continues to rebound, CX may reconsider?
No idea, but would find it hard to believe CX would still hold and be paying for a lease all through Covid and until today.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by djsflynn
No idea, but would find it hard to believe CX would still hold and be paying for a lease all through Covid and until today.
Wasn't QF doing that or it renegotiated a new lease when it reconsidered its decision?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.