Wiki Posts
Search

1.5MM milestone

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
1.5MM milestone

So I am soon going to cross 1.5MM miles and I was just wondering if they do any milestone upgrades for reaching that level (so I can try to plan a long haul flight around it!!) - anybody with any experience been upgraded at this level?

Also I take it the upgrades (if any) are given after the milestone has been reached, right?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ajhira
Also I take it the upgrades (if any) are given after the milestone has been reached, right?
Far from reaching the same milestone as yours but less than 1k to 0.5MM milestone.
Would also like to know if upgrade/s are given after the milestone or when flying the sector that reaches the milestone?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:38 am

According to a trip report by marcuslai the upgrade was given on the flight which pushed him past the 0.5mm milestone.

This is his original thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...de-photos.html
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by luial
Far from reaching the same milestone as yours but less than 1k to 0.5MM milestone.
Would also like to know if upgrade/s are given after the milestone or when flying the sector that reaches the milestone?
I received an upgrade on the flight immediately after crossing my 0.5mm and 0.75mm milestones.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I was given an upgrade on CX YVR-HKG for crossing 2MM with AA.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I was given an upgrade on CX YVR-HKG for crossing 2MM with AA.
First time I've heard CX upgrading those passing milestones with another FFP...
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:13 am

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Wife and I got upgraded (just now) to J. Flight doesnt seem full (based on expertflyer seat map). There is a "V" in our boarding passes and not the usual "I". Is this the milestone upgrade?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 2:31 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by luial
Wife and I got upgraded (just now) to J. Flight doesnt seem full (based on expertflyer seat map). There is a "V" in our boarding passes and not the usual "I". Is this the milestone upgrade?
That's what mine said
Old Jan 8, 2012, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CX HK
First time I've heard CX upgrading those passing milestones with another FFP...
is he crossing another CX-related milestone at the same time??
I remember someone here had crossed a CX-milestone whilst crediting elsewhere, but it IS a cx milestone...
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
upgrade

Back in October I was flying with my family from Bangkok to Colombo. I was on a different booking from them and the flight was pretty empty.

They offered me a complemtary upgrade for my 12th year since I join. My answer was thanks a lot, but no, as I'm with my family except if you upgrade all of us (wasn't expecting this, and it didn't come).

I contact the MPC later, telling them thanks, but a present that I have to decline is not a present, why don't they upgrade me whenever they want once I fly alone in the next 12 months. My offer was turndown.

Well, they already treat us pretty well, but that was a little sad to see how they reacted.

Just read in Business Traveller Asia that a GO member has been receiving a comp upgrade for each 100,000 miles...since he reached the half million mark...anybody heard of that one?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
Back in October I was flying with my family from Bangkok to Colombo. I was on a different booking from them and the flight was pretty empty.

They offered me a complemtary upgrade for my 12th year since I join. My answer was thanks a lot, but no, as I'm with my family except if you upgrade all of us (wasn't expecting this, and it didn't come).

I contact the MPC later, telling them thanks, but a present that I have to decline is not a present, why don't they upgrade me whenever they want once I fly alone in the next 12 months. My offer was turndown.

Well, they already treat us pretty well, but that was a little sad to see how they reacted.

Just read in Business Traveller Asia that a GO member has been receiving a comp upgrade for each 100,000 miles...since he reached the half million mark...anybody heard of that one?
Could you link me to the Business Traveller Asia article?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
BT articles

The article is in the "letters" section written by E Fan from HK. The letter is title Recognition Required. What I find odd is that CX replied through Linda Sim, MPC manager. She didn't deny the fact, which make me assume MPC has done it. It's the Asia Issue of Jan/Feb 2012 issue.

Been DM for three years, and various years silver and gold. For me MPC beat the competition by far, just seriously annoying to find out that the "Fair policy" of MPC doesn't always apply to everybody.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:50 am

Programs: CX gold VS gold SQ gold pc gold spy gold hi gold mr silver
MPC member recognition

Read the letter to editor of business traveller regarding upgrades for MPC members was very surprised . I have been a gold MPC member for over 20 years and achieved 1m miles and never been given anything at all.... no upgrades as stated in the letter. The reply by Ms Simm. Surprised me as she never seems to put pen to paper maybe only if a letter is published will she respond!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Rmwk
Read the letter to editor of business traveller regarding upgrades for MPC members was very surprised . I have been a gold MPC member for over 20 years and achieved 1m miles and never been given anything at all.... no upgrades as stated in the letter. The reply by Ms Simm. Surprised me as she never seems to put pen to paper maybe only if a letter is published will she respond!
Could you link me to the letter?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: CX gold VS gold SQ gold pc gold spy gold hi gold mr silver
Originally Posted by CX HK
Could you link me to the letter?
Business Traveller Asia Jan 2012/ letters to the editor section. Actually read in the CX HK lounge The Wing!!!!!! Seems only selected members are rewarded others totally ignored very disappointing !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.