Wiki Posts
Search

Preferred Y seat on 33B?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP
Preferred Y seat on 33B?

For an overnight flight on the 33B, what would be the preferred Y seat? Perhaps row 54 (exit row), or row 30 (first Y row, bulkhead), or possibly some other obscure seat? I would suppose the 33E to have exactly the same config (judging from the seat map)?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:24 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
For an overnight flight on the 33B, what would be the preferred Y seat? Perhaps row 54 (exit row), or row 30 (first Y row, bulkhead), or possibly some other obscure seat? I would suppose the 33E to have exactly the same config (judging from the seat map)?

Forget row 54, you've 5 toilets opening and closing in front of you.

No comment on 30 but Seatguru said restricted legroom, which I agree from memory http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Cat...bus_A330_B.php. If you thought about an exit row then I presume legroom is important to you.

My preference is 38K to Syd and 38A on the way back - centre of plane is smoothest, window seat means I can curl up in a corner, 3 rows away from loo means I won't be disturbed by the toiletgoers but still have some views to see on take-off/landing (not just wing). I don't care about legroom - I'm a short guy. But I wish the IFE box was somewhere else.

(A/K - I normally do redeye flights both ways - I sit on the side of the plane which isn't facing the sunrise)
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by percysmith
Forget row 54, you've 5 toilets opening and closing in front of you.
Well, the toilets are arranged such that two are on one aisle (AC) and three are on the other (HK). I'm fine with 54A/C. Not sure about 54H/K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.