Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cathaypacific.com VS Expedia?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:24 am
Original Poster

cathaypacific.com VS Expedia?

The ticket I'm after is cheaper by about USD 60 on Expedia and about 50 on Orbitz compared to cathaypacific.com

I'm new to CX and have never used Expedia or Orbitz.
Are tickets bought on these sites reliable and hassle-free?

Thanks.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:36 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Club and Skywards
Originally Posted by kix36
The ticket I'm after is cheaper by about USD 60 on Expedia and about 50 on Orbitz compared to cathaypacific.com

I'm new to CX and have never used Expedia or Orbitz.
Are tickets bought on these sites reliable and hassle-free?

Thanks.
Yes they are fine although sometimes when you do need to make any changes then having a direct booking with the airline can be easier as if you sometimes try to make changes to indirect bookings then the airline will tell you to cotact your agent you made the booking with.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Agree booking with agent will be major hassle when it comes to ticket change. Calling local reservation is way easier than calling TA to change and the annoyance involved, especially if you are on a business trip (you can ask a local colleague to handle the change)
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You also should carefully compare the fare conditions (flexibility, penalties,..). Might be quite different on expedia than on CX.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.