CX Award Ticket Availability

Old May 26, 2011, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

CX Award Ticket Availability

Hi All,

First post!

Anyways, I booked a first class ticket and a business class ticket using AA miles for me from JFK to HKG (CX845). I've been calling and checking the BA website to see if more first class seats have opened up for award tickets but have been unsuccessful so far. In my call today, they told me that AA has a contact with CX for a number of award seats and once that has been filled, they don't get anymore. Is this true?

Is there any other way for my girlfriend to get into first class (other than paying of course)?
Old May 26, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
If you can not find them on CX or BA online, they are not available.
Old May 26, 2011, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by sk8erjcx
Hi All,

Is there any other way for my girlfriend to get into first class (other than paying of course)?

Yes, and it's simple. You sit in J and she sits in F.
Old May 26, 2011, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by sk8erjcx
In my call today, they told me that AA has a contact with CX for a number of award seats and once that has been filled, they don't get anymore. Is this true?
Well, if this is true, it explains why the AA agent cannot see the second F award seat on the HKG-SFO flight that I want to change for both me and my wife. BA and KVS tool showed 2 x F award on the flight we wanted to change to, but the EXP agent (now I have talked to 5 of them) said only 1 seat available on that flight! I guess it's sort of blocking on AA's part (how ironic would it be of more than 50% of the CX F cabin is filled with those redeeming AA miles with subsequent award space opening up ).

Anyway, if you are traveling with your girl friend, wife, significant other, it's most wise of you to choose the same cabin of service. NEVER fly on separate cabins (especially when you are flying in higher class of service) - that's the short cut to your girl friend breaking up with you (you know I am just joking, right?). At least I wouldn't do it myself. If 1 business and 2 coach seats are available and I am flying with my wife, I'd choose 2 coach seats in a heart beat. Of course, before that, I'd look very hard to get both of us in higher class of service.
Old May 26, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
It would be helpful to know when your trip is scheduled for.

ime, additional availability has sometimes opened up in the days immediately before a flight.

[That said, I recall that there was a period last summer when this did not appear to be occurring (to many posters' distress) and then all of a sudden new availability appeared for all flights over the next few weeks --- as though some manager of North American reward seating had been on an extended vacation!]

Depending of course on how far along your relationship with your gf has developed, I agree with others that you should be looking for two seats in either business or first.
Old May 31, 2011, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.

Trip is scheduled for 7/1 - we're coming back on different days both in business. The only two award seats that were available was one in first and one in business so we just wanted to get it booked.

I just I'm just going to keep trying...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.