Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX Flight from HKG-BNE with stop in Cairns - do you collect luggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond

We are flying from HKG to BNE this week with a stop in CNS - Do we have to collect luggage and pass immigration at the first stop in Australia as is done in the US, and must we exit the plane or is this just a short stopover to collect new passengers?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: JL Sapphire, Aegean Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
Originally Posted by worldiswide
We are flying from HKG to BNE this week with a stop in CNS - Do we have to collect luggage and pass immigration at the first stop in Australia as is done in the US, and must we exit the plane or is this just a short stopover to collect new passengers?
no. you stay in transit and clear customs in brisbane. its a one hour stop i think
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Great - Thanks for clarifying - FT's always have the information at their fingertips!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:03 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
does any J passengers got lounge access at CNS when riding HKG-BNE, stopping at CNS?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:55 am

Programs: JL Sapphire, Aegean Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Great - Thanks for clarifying - FT's always have the information at their fingertips!
Did you realise that CX have a direct flight on alternate days? Makes getting to Brisbane a lot easier and faster.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:59 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by derek2010
does any J passengers got lounge access at CNS when riding HKG-BNE, stopping at CNS?

Yes, you have access to a contract lounge in the international terminal. I believe it is called the "Reef lounge" or something similar.

The lounge is a little bright and dated, but has showers and a TV and is a relatively pleasant place to while away an hour.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hau cheng
no. you stay in transit and clear customs in brisbane. its a one hour stop i think
Yes pax will clear BNE. A stopover of approximately 1 hour isn't going to provide sufficient time to clear Aussie I&C and re-board the aircraft.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

..........duplicate..............

Last edited by Rejuvenated; Jan 24, 2011 at 10:52 am Reason: duplicate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.