Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

F involuntary denied boarding compensation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F involuntary denied boarding compensation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by cathaylonghaulff
I find it amazing that people spend a lifetime racking up miles on awful airlines like AA then use them on a real airline like CX and then cough up stupid amounts of compensation to a passenger who will never spend a dime with them
You have no right to judge people how they earn their miles and what airlines they earn their miles from. If one base in US, don't fly to asia a lot and want to stay with one world, if not using AA then what airline ? You also have no idea if OP earn its miles maybe buying full fare Y tickets or not.

Your tone is off putting just like the thread you replied in TravelBuzz.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
Personally, I think that US$800 / pax is quite generous considering that you are still flying F (next day), CX paid for a hotel stay and the fact that you're a non-rev.
Last time, I met a person who traveled on UA from MCI to IAD was IDB.
He was GM and traveled in Y.
UA offered him $800 check.
So.....for international F......$800 is really low....
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:10 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I find it amazing that people spend a lifetime racking up miles on awful airlines like AA then use them on a real airline like CX and then cough up stupid amounts of compensation to a passenger who will never spend a dime with them
So, are you suggesting they IDB a CX Diamond instead?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
You don't think that those miles are worth money?? All mileage departments of all airlines generate a substantial amount of income for all major airlines. CX earns out of an AA mileage ticket so why shouldn't they compensate if there is a problem???
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just an update. We did end up on the next flight out in F. We arrived at the airport fairly early, and had to wait for about 4-5 hours until we finally got our boarding passes 40 mins before departure.

If we were confirmed on that flight when we were IDB'ed, then it wouldn't be so stressful, but being stuck at the airport all morning and not knowing whether we would actually get on was quite exhausting....
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SP03
Just an update. We did end up on the next flight out in F. We arrived at the airport fairly early, and had to wait for about 4-5 hours until we finally got our boarding passes 40 mins before departure.
If we were confirmed on that flight when we were IDB'ed, then it wouldn't be so stressful, but being stuck at the airport all morning and not knowing whether we would actually get on was quite exhausting....
Wow, that's pretty shabby treatment. IDB'd and then essentially standby? Where did you wait at JFK? FCL or with the common folk?
I would absolutely complain about the entire experience and see what CX is prepared to do to for you, in addition to the $800 which I would now consider a paltry $ buy-off.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by SP03

4-5 hours? Holy crap you got shammed...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.