Wiki Posts
Search

HKG-DPS 747's

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

HKG-DPS 747's

Hey there.

Do these 747's have First Class seats? They're not available for purchase in F but I though all the 747's have F.

If they do have F seats but only over J, how do I get to sit in one?
Old Oct 15, 2009, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You didn't read the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...xperience.html, did you?

You can find your answer here, Post # 6, Section 4.3: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11220605-post6.html
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:57 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Just want to say thank you. Because of this info, I am about to board seat 2A on my way from DPS to HKG!

Cheers!
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Did online check in and was able to get 1A on HKG to DPS 48 hours out. Tried again for the return and at 48 hours all seats were blocked. I asked at check in and was told they will move those with status before boarding. I'm an AA ExPlat, so I know the CX FF come first, but I wasn't moved. Though I was traveling with a colleague who got moved from Economy to the seat next to me upstairs as we checked in together, so I could have missed out because of the op-up for the colleague. Economy was bursting on the return flight and Business was less than half full upstairs.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:14 am

F class seat

I have done this return trip HKG-DPS 3 times in the last 3 weeks and have sat in the pointy end for all 6 flights. One very unusual treat on a plane.

It's certainly F service, with J class catering. Dedicated crew, curtains closed, and the usual senior crew suspects
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by cxlondon
I have done this return trip HKG-DPS 3 times in the last 3 weeks and have sat in the pointy end for all 6 flights. One very unusual treat on a plane.

It's certainly F service, with J class catering. Dedicated crew, curtains closed, and the usual senior crew suspects
I flew DPSHKG in August, family of four but split PNRs. Two of us were offered the nose due OW Emerald. I was told if we were all in a single reservation and had used OLCI, we probably could have all sat up front. I'm doing the same trip in 2010, needless to say in a single PNR.

FWIW, JL put all four of us in the nose NRTDPS months in advance, despite split PNRs, again reflecting my OW Emerald status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.