Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How long before miles show up when flying AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long before miles show up when flying AA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 3:05 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by shortskoolbus
I am a little concerned though because my ticket was purchased through Alaskan Airlines with fare codes V and K for respective legs for a flight operated by American Airlines. The check-in and boarding pass was done at the American Airlines counter, and on the boarding pass it says the class is "S" and "N". I am not sure if that's the equivalent of the fare code.

I think that maybe this has something to do with my delay for getting the miles. booking through Alaskan, checking in with American, etc. I hope that it is not an issue when they compare my eticket itinerary to the boarding pass and see that the flight numbers and Airlines are different and then reject my claim!
Not a problem. This occurs with basically every airline, different fare codes displayed on the BP. I took an SAS flight recently to find that on the transaction records, it says K class. However, on the boarding pass, it says M. Doesn't have to be the standard "Y" or the fare class booked.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:55 am

Programs: CX DM, ROP silver
Just recently flew from LAX to DFW on AA on sept 30th and the AM just got credited to my MPC account today. So that is 2 weeks.

I booked my AA flights on AA.com and placed my MPC number into my booking.

I was skeptical of the AA.com website and whether AA would actually credit my miles to MPC, so it doesn't hurt to show your MPC card upon checkin and check that your boarding pass to make sure that it reflects your OW status to make sure you get the miles credited correctly

Last edited by corpoclass; Oct 15, 2009 at 7:00 am
Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:44 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by corpoclass
Just recently flew from LAX to DFW on AA on sept 30th and the AM just got credited to my MPC account today. So that is 2 weeks.
Wow. That is slloooww, reflecting the relatively poor coordination between AA and partners, v.v. A recent long-haul LH flight was immediately credited to UAM+ after checking on arrival.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL SM, CX GREEN
Resurfacing this thread with the same question.

Does it still take one week?

In the age of newer technology, I used a mobile boarding pass. The link no longer works to retrieve my mobile boarding on a previous flight. Does CX still require a boarding pass to claim missing miles, what do they do in the case of a mobile boarding pass?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
Wow. That is slloooww, reflecting the relatively poor coordination between AA and partners, v.v. A recent long-haul LH flight was immediately credited to UAM+ after checking on arrival.
Its CX's fault on this one. AFAIK and from what i've seen, CX's database doesn't update with partner miles sooner than once a week (and on a monday i believe). JL,QF and BA flights i've taken have posted to my AA acct within 3 days. CX flights always take 10+ days.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: DL SM, CX GREEN
Originally Posted by Col Ronson
Its CX's fault on this one. AFAIK and from what i've seen, CX's database doesn't update with partner miles sooner than once a week (and on a monday i believe). JL,QF and BA flights i've taken have posted to my AA acct within 3 days. CX flights always take 10+ days.
Good to know this same issue exists after 7+ years. Will see if it shows up in my account after 10 days
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Zamees
Resurfacing this thread with the same question.

Does it still take one week?

In the age of newer technology, I used a mobile boarding pass. The link no longer works to retrieve my mobile boarding on a previous flight. Does CX still require a boarding pass to claim missing miles, what do they do in the case of a mobile boarding pass?
Yes and that's why I always save a PDF.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:34 pm

Just want to check with anyone over recent experiences of flying AA and crediting the mileage to CX...per above and other threads, it looks like the timing is around 2 weeks before the flight credits. Still true?

I flew over Christmas and want to make sure that my flight credits within Jan. Need the Club Points into my current membership year, which expires end-Jan.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
My Dec 9, 11 and 13 CX flights were all posted Dec 16. My Sep 2, 4 and 5 CX flights were posted on Sep 9. So it lead me to believe CX flights are posted to AA the following Saturday in a batch.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:45 pm

Data point, my AA flight took place on 6th Dec., was credited to MPC club points and Asia Miles on 13th Dec.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Deleted.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by shd9
My Dec 9, 11 and 13 CX flights were all posted Dec 16. My Sep 2, 4 and 5 CX flights were posted on Sep 9. So it lead me to believe CX flights are posted to AA the following Saturday in a batch.
Actually, I am inquiring about the opposite...taking an AA flight and when it credits to CX MPC. Thanks for your reply anyway.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by jerrywu
Data point, my AA flight took place on 6th Dec., was credited to MPC club points and Asia Miles on 13th Dec.
Thank you! Looking like the flight credit comes through reasonably quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.