Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Pretty bad J check-in and inflight service...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pretty bad J check-in and inflight service...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by jackrussellterrier
I used to fly TPE - SIN vv a lot and it was particularly bad on that one although I remember reading on here that CX didn't guarantee priority handling at HKG for transit flights so I kind of just accepted it. The last year however I have done more SIN -BKK and SIN - HKG as well as SEL,TYO etc and it seems still hit and miss. On the last flight back on Monday from HKG (straight - no transit) a lot of blue tagged bags came out before my red one! Its not the end of the world but if the likes of SQ and TG can consistently get it right even when I use to fly Y a lot I don't understand the inconsistence with CX - at least for me anyway. I will continue to monitor and as I have already re-qualified for DM for next year I may take a bigger sample of SQ flights for fun and to compare.
I remember on my TPE-HKG-SIN trip non priority bag came out first. Originally I thought because I took so much time so my bag has already gone for second round. Until I heard many complain from C pax who has been waiting for their bags also
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by travelbug38
I cannot just imagine that the FAs are not compensated for being on standbys.
they are. they're paid "ground hours" as they wait, which pay at 50% of their flying hour rate (about $120 HKD for junior level FAs. So ground hours pay about $60 HKD/hour). They are sitting next to their phone (landline, can't be mobile) waiting to be called. Once duty starts they get paid at their standard flying hour rate.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:01 am

How dramatic...I think I was on the same flight but in F, the service in F has been great, actually one of the best I"ve had from CX.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by as0408
How dramatic...I think I was on the same flight but in F, the service in F has been great, actually one of the best I"ve had from CX.
did u get full catering?
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:53 am

hey metcalve sorry for the late reply, yes I did, and the flight attendent even changed the main course twice for me..
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
thought i'll post an update. i've sent CX a feedback using their customer relations website http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...tomerrelations and received an auto-acknowledgement on 26 July..

===

Dear Mr. MetCalve

Thank you for taking the time to complete our feedback form. The comments you have provided are currently being processed into our database.

Our Customer Relations Executive will review and if necessary investigate your query and you will receive a response within 20 business days.

Please find below some useful information and links:

Marco Polo Club Hotlines: 2747 5500 (Hong Kong) or +800 2747 5500 (Worldwide toll-free)

Worldwide Reservations and Ticketing Offices, please check for local hotline at http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_HK/contactus

Baggage Services: Check for general information at http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...ageinformation

Should you need to contact us again, please go to http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_HK/contactus

Your feedback is very important to us, and we very much hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you on board Cathay Pacific Airways flight soon.

Kind regards,

The Customer Relations Team
Cathay Pacific Airways
===

It's Sept 5 and I've yet to hear back from anyone... Is this pretty normal?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by metcalve
thought i'll post an update. i've sent CX a feedback using their customer relations website http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...tomerrelations and received an auto-acknowledgement on 26 July..

===

Dear Mr. MetCalve

Thank you for taking the time to complete our feedback form. The comments you have provided are currently being processed into our database.

Our Customer Relations Executive will review and if necessary investigate your query and you will receive a response within 20 business days.

Marco Polo Club Hotlines: 2747 5500 (Hong Kong) or +800 2747 5500 (Worldwide toll-free)

Worldwide Reservations and Ticketing Offices, please check for local hotline at http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_HK/contactus

Baggage Services: Check for general information at http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...ageinformation

Should you need to contact us again, please go to http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_HK/contactus

Your feedback is very important to us, and we very much hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you on board Cathay Pacific Airways flight soon.

Kind regards,

Cathay Pacific Airways
===

It took them 7 months to reply to one of my letters, and I am a GO, so, yes, unfortunately, normal.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: CX GO by flying, ex-QF PS, AMEX Platinum, CA & KrisFlyer Nobody

===

Dear Mr. MetCalve

Kind regards,

Cathay Pacific Airways
===

Absolutely normal - and if you don't follow up, they might never reply to you.

I followed up after 20 business days of my initial complaint and got a reply 20 business days after the follow up.

I'm GO too.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kamiao
Absolutely normal - and if you don't follow up, they might never reply to you.

I followed up after 20 business days of my initial complaint and got a reply 20 business days after the follow up.

I'm GO too.
Do you guys know if there is an email address I can send a follow up to?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: JL Sapphire, Aegean Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
Originally Posted by mkjr
on a recent delay, i noticed that CX seemed to be very concerned about making sure all cargo...not bags, were properly loaded. i wonder if bags is code for we are short on our cargo and our bread and butter is air cargo? i only gleaned this from a red alert out of HKG where they captain said just loading a few last bits of cargo and noted all bags were aboard...funny thing was, they could have pushed back knowing fully well the storm was approaching - you could see it - but they continued with cargo.... a TG 747 did push back as CX loaded up some more cargo...and then the red-alert...perhaps they worried more about cargo than catering? either way 3 hours on the plane with 14.5 hours in flying time to go when it was not as if they did not know the storm was coming...seemed to be purely because of cargo...and I could tell it was not luggage since they do not pack luggage with burlap looking materials and rope.
Interesting. I had a flight over 24 hours after Vicente. They hadn't loaded any of the bags onto the flight, they announced it just as we pulled up at the gate in Sydney. Bags arrived 3 days later, one waterlogged, which makes me wonder what went on.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 5:29 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hau Cheng - they have a security excuse not to do so - if a bag cannot follow a passenger, the passenger can't know until doors closed (lockerbie)
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: CX GO by flying, ex-QF PS, AMEX Platinum, CA & KrisFlyer Nobody
Do you guys know if there is an email address I can send a follow up to?
crd#[email protected]
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Finally got a reply...

Finally got a reply for the feedback I posted via their website....

Our Ref: 381xxxx

24 September 2012

Mr MetCalve
Via Email: [email protected]

Dear Mr MetCalve

Firstly, I must apologize for the time taken to address your concerns
due to the recent disruptions cause by the few typhoons in Hong Kong
which has resulted to this delay and it is much regretted for the poor
impression created.

Providing our customers with an outstanding service is at the very heart
of everything we do at Cathay Pacific and I am therefore sorry that your
experience on this occasion has proven so disappointing.

It is indeed as Mr MetCalve mentioned our cabin crew are intensively trained
to provide consistent service regardless of any disruption therefore it
is disappointing to learn of the dissatisfaction you endured this time.
However you may rest assured that your comments will help in ensuring
how we may better prepare and brief our staff in the future to avoid
similar recurrence. I have forwarded a copy of your email to the
relevant service delivery departments head and I am confident that the
relevant crews operating this flight will be briefed accordingly to
ensure improvements will be made in their performance.

In the meantime, please accept our sincere apologies for the poor
impression created by our crew members, and we trust that you will view
this as being an isolated incident, rather than a reflection of our
usual standards.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your views and concerns
with us. I look forward to an early opportunity to restore your
confidence in our service.

Yours sincerely

Arfat Naseem
Customer Relations Executive
Customer Relations Department
Cathay Pacific Airways

If you wish to contact us again, please let us know by return email or
you may reach us through the following channels by quoting the above
mentioned case reference:
Old Oct 27, 2012, 5:04 am
Original Poster

CX746 dxb-hkg

Flew CX746 DXB-HKG 2 days ago and had a rather disappointing flight. Was in 22K in a 33B herringbone in the smaller cabin.

What CX can't do:
1- Crying 14-month old baby who wouldn't stop screaming, and who would wake up every 45 minutes to yell and scream for attention, on this 7 hour flight.
2- 10 or so missing passengers, according to the female captain were "missing in the terminal and ground staff can't locate them" and that the ground staff will take about 20 minutes or so to find them. It turned out to be a 80 minute delay.

What CX did right:
1- Handing out Evian bottles to J pax while waiting on the ground.
2- Switching IFE on while waiting on the ground.
3- Flying faster (??) and arrived in HKG only 5 minutes past scheduled arrival despite the 80minute delay in departure
4- IFM came to personally apologise to each J pax for the delay
5- Constant updates from captain with regards to delays

What CX could have done better:
1- Despite having to tolerate crying/screaming/purely annoying baby playing up every 45 minutes, I had to be awoken twice by this FA (in red jacket) who decidedly slammed the bassinet cover against the wall when opening it, and slam it back shut, before slamming other wardrobes in the galleys, and coming back to do the bassinet slamming process all over again, with another FA in tow, discussing where they have left something, intruding into my comfort zone as they were having this conversation right in front of me. This was when the cabin lights were switched off after meal service and pax were meant to be sleeping. I was sleeping before this circus began, after finally being able to snooze some when the kid settled down.
2- Same red-jacket FA (again), during the first meal service, couldn't understand me when I said I have already ordered a latte, and snapped with a loud "HUH?!", with an annoyed look to match.

I could've just had a bad crew (and in particular this red-jacket FA), as my connecting HKG-SIN flight had the BEST CX crew I have had on any CX flight, but this red-jacket FA seems to either have lost her mojo, or simply just can't be bothered.

Disappointing.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 5:44 am

There seems to be this one bad apple that does a lot of HKG-JFK routes. Bumped into her many times, and she always has this "I can care less about you" look when serving you. Had the unfortunately pleasure of bumping into her again on my last return flight to JFK. Sometimes I thought about writing particularly about her, but decided against it.... afterall, telling myself she could be just having bad days.... anyway, yet, there seems to be some real bad apples and if you are unfortunate enough to bump into them, well....

Overall thought, I have to say, CX crew is consistently great (ever since I made DM, I already told my wife I can't imagine flying without being a DM...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.