Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Park Inn By Radisson Palace, Southend-on-Sea, UK (MTB Olympics Top-Tip)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:57 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC

I have applied for tickets for the mountain bike races for the 2012 Olympics.
I do not know if I am allocated the tickets yet, but decided to look for hotels anyway. I thought maybe some hotels would have forgotten to load a special rate for the Olympics.

So while browsing I found that the Park Inn By Radisson Palace, Southend-on-Sea is very close to the Mountain bike venue at Benfleet, Essex, only 6 miles, and it has a rate loaded for 109GBP per night. Which you can cancel until 6pm on the day of arrival even August 10th 2012. So I booked the nights anyway, if any of you have applied for tickets for the mountain bike venue, it might make sense to book a room as well, as you can cancel it anytime. ^
Old Jun 7, 2011, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If you look at the parkinn website is does not give you any availability, but via clubcarlson.com you can book it . Now just hoping they'll honor it.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:14 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I was born in Southend-on-Sea but left at age 16. If you need any information please PM me.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Well, I'm mostly going for the Olympics, but if you would happen to know some nice pubs around let me know! Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunatly missed out on MTB tickets Hopefully I can find another way to get any...
Old Jun 14, 2012, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Managed to get some tickets for the Women's MTB race. This hotel now seems to be booked solid, so I made a good choice booking it.

Any other FTers around for the MTB race?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.