Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for Hotels in Puerto Rico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendations for Hotels in Puerto Rico

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by charlief1975
I'm headed down in a few weeks. Still trying to get a hotel. I have some family down there so want to stay in the San Juan area.

Any opinions on this hotel: http://www.waterbeachclubhotel.com/ and the area is in? or this one http://www.hiltoncaribbean.com/index.php

Thanks.
Have you checked out the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com - we found them quite useful in selecting the El Conquistador.

Also, Costco.com has some great pricing on hotels in Puerto Rico on its website. If you are a member, I would check it out.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:36 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GoCanes
Have you checked out the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com - we found them quite useful in selecting the El Conquistador.

Also, Costco.com has some great pricing on hotels in Puerto Rico on its website. If you are a member, I would check it out.
oy vey, HELLO ? how about checking out the reviews on Flyertalk ?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
oy vey, HELLO ? how about checking out the reviews on Flyertalk ?
I assumed being a Fter he already exploited what FT had to offer and was looking for a secondary source. FT is always the first place I look and then off to TripAdvisor where I can get the reviews that either those who had the most amazing trip or the most horrid trip. Because it seems like those are the only posts on TripAdvisor. With that said though, I add the very good reviews and if there are more than the bad, then I imagine I am in pretty good shape.

And another comment on the El Conquistador. They are having a winter promotion of $239 a night. On the nights I wanted to go they suddenly raised the rate $70 a night. I called and they said there was nothing they could do. Costco still had the $239 rate, so I booked there. But when I called the hotel the other day to alert them to my late arrival, the guy told me they only had 5 people checking in the same day we were and that they really had no one in the hotel during our time period - that is was really light given high season. Now this is not a guarantee there are not people staying from previous nights, but we arrive on a Thursday. Not many people arrive on Weds. you know. So, these morons jacked up their price when they have not even remotely come close to filling rooms. Who does that??? They could have avoided me going through Costco, where I imagine they pay some kind of agent fee, and almost lost me as a customer all together.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:28 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by charlief1975
I'm headed down in a few weeks. Still trying to get a hotel. I have some family down there so want to stay in the San Juan area.

Any opinions on this hotel: http://www.waterbeachclubhotel.com/ and the area is in? or this one http://www.hiltoncaribbean.com/index.php

Thanks.
Water Beach Club is essentially 3 nightclubs in a building, that has hotel rooms on the other floors. It's fun, it's chic... but I don't care for it as a hotel.

The Caribe Hilton is a Puerto Rican classic... and always a safe bet. It's in Puerta de Tierra, literally just between Old San Juan and Condado.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.