Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHX to UVF - What are the options?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2007, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
PHX to UVF - What are the options?

I'm working on finding affordable routes for a friend to get there for their honeymoon. I'm trying to find out what the routing choices are for them and I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far.

The resort wants to send them on 28 June PHX-JFK-UVF on AA, involving a redeye to JFK. Return 6 July UVF-JFK-PHX combining AA & DL, with overnight in JFK.

I can find 2 connection options including PHX-LAX-MBJ-UVF on US and JM. I guess AeroMexico is an option according to my friend but I don't see they fly to UVF.

What else could I look at?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 2:35 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Try searching flights via MIA on AA. My plan B would be to fly via BGI. It is a very shop Liat hop from there.
--
13F
Old Dec 6, 2007, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
AeroMexico does not fly to UVF, but they might put their code on someone else's flight. Depending on the day of the week, AA, AC, DL, and US all fly to UVF from the North American mainland. I'm not a LIAT-basher, but I would not put honeymooners on LIAT when there are more familiar options to the island of their choice.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I'm not making any fare requests here but I am trying to find something less than what their resort has offered them. Seems that's not too easy, and almost every less pricey option involves an overnight stop somewhere. Redeye flights outbound on 28 June are fine and necessary from PHX, but return needs to get back on the same day 6 July. I found a return routing that has them overnight in LAX which is a no-go.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 6:37 am

You could try searching flights out of SLU on the return. AA (A.Eagle) flies SLU-SJU on an ATR. Depending on where their resort is, it may not be a long drive to SLU (Castries), for example, it's well under 30 mins from Rodney Bay. The other alternative would be to overnight in SJU on the 5th.
--
13F
Old Dec 7, 2007, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by ohioflyer
AeroMexico does not fly to UVF, but they might put their code on someone else's flight. Depending on the day of the week, AA, AC, DL, and US all fly to UVF from the North American mainland. I'm not a LIAT-basher, but I would not put honeymooners on LIAT when there are more familiar options to the island of their choice.
I see your point. Air Jamaica also flies UVF-BGI on a real a/c.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.