Wiki Posts
Search

Liat Airlines to Georgetown, Guyana

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2007, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue-US Air Dividned Miles-American Airines Advantage
Talking Liat Airlines to Georgetown, Guyana

A few months back I posted something regarding this, well not the dates are like a month away. Let me see what kind of feedback I get, being it is getting so close.
On December 10 we are flying from SYR to SJU on US AIR, spening one night in SJU. Following day, on Liat Airlines, from SJU to POS, again spending one night in POS. The next day, Liat Airlines again, POS to GEO. One week in GEO. Leaving on Liat Airlines again, GEO to POS, another night in POS, then Liat again, POS to SJU. Same day, SJU to SYR.
My question is, I have heard MANY 'different' stories about Liat Airlines. Some good, sadly, many not real good. Should I have anything to worry about? I am getting concerend. I don't want to get stranded somewhere in the islands and make it to Guyana a day late or worse yet make it back to San Juan, PR for the flight home a day late. Any information would be helpful!!!!!
Old Nov 8, 2007, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I was one of the posters on your earlier thread. Liat will get you where you are going. But you will get there on a Dash-8, which is a bit slow and noisy.

I have been travelling extensively in the eastern Caribbean for 18 months. Liat has never cancelled a flight and delays have been very infrequent. On the other hand, they have delayed (not lost) my luggage twice in this same period. I suggest you split things up (you and companion each use half of two different suitcases), and keep essentials with you on board. There is no room for regular size carry-on, but they do permit valet or sky-check.

There is no need to be concerned. Simply be reasonable in your expectations and you will not be disappointed.
--
13F
Old Nov 9, 2007, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue-US Air Dividned Miles-American Airines Advantage
Talking Lugggae Sizes

Can you give me some idea of what can be carried on to Liat's aircraft with the passenger. So for example, the carry-on that we are able to take into US Air's cabin, will not be able to be taken into Liat's cabin. Then what size can be in Liat's cabin?
Old Nov 9, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Carry-on and roll-aboards come in all shapes and sizes. I have an Air Canada legal 19 inch Travelpro roll-aboard (i.e. smaller than the 21 and 23 inch models some US carriers permit). I would not carry this into the cabin with me because there is limited overhead storage space, but I would trust it to the baggage handlers by leaving it planeside as I board (sky check).

On the other hand I do carry on in my overstuffed computer bag. Once I remove my laptop, I can fit the bag under the seat.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.