Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aruba (AUA) to Cartagena (CTG) help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P. 880k lifetime miles, all on my own dime.
Aruba (AUA) to Cartagena (CTG) help

Greetings- I am looking for help on scheduling a rt from Aruba to Cartagena Colombia. I found flights on Avianca thru BOG. The fare is high- ~$500 per person and it seems like this is out of the way a bit. I wonder if anyone out there has any other ideas or suggestions. One other airline I found is Aires. Anyone know anything about these guys? Are they are reliable and safe? What about by sea? I believe a lot of cruise ships travel between these 2 cities. Is this an option? Thanks for the help.
Cheers.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
There is no ferry or passenger ship service between Aruba and Colombia. Apart from easyCruise I'm not aware of any hop-on, hop-off cruise ship operating in the Caribbean in past 10+ years (and easyCruise has now withdrawn to Europe). Even if you find a cruise ship that travels from Aruba to Cartagena, I don't think you'll be able to get on without buying the whole itinerary, whatever that might be. Flying will be cheaper and more convenient.

Good luck!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

I figured as much, but thought I would ask anyways. Thanks for the help.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by ORDSteve
One other airline I found is Aires. Anyone know anything about these guys? Are they are reliable and safe?
Even though I've never flown them, they are know for being reliable and safe. It is a small airline and they've been around for quite a while, flying to small Colombian towns from the biggies like Bogota and Medelllin. They use props, I believe Dash-8's

It was known as a nice regional airline but now they started expanding and are now flying to int'l destinations like Venezuela and AUA. They have applied to start flying Colombia-FLL, so seems like they are doing well. If you are flying from AUA, you would have to stop/connect in Barranquilla, which is on the way to CTG (a 20 min flight between these two). Just my 2 cents...

Enjoy Cartagena!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. It looks like Aires only flies AUA-CTG once or twice a week and not on the days I need. So it appears AV thru BOG is my only option.

Last edited by ORDSteve; Nov 2, 2007 at 11:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.