Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon in Curacao or Dominican Rep.?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2007, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
Honeymoon in Curacao or Dominican Rep.?

Been lurking around for a while, love the site. Excited to become an active participant

Situation: Recently married, both have new careers, recent college graduate, now taking time for a honeymoon. Looking at either Curacao (Marriott) or Dominican Republic (Excellence Punta Cana) and wanted some suggestions. Never been to the Caribbean.

Found a website,
http://www.allinclusiveoutlet.com/

has better deals than I've been able to find anywhere else, but can't find any feedback on the site. Any comments on it? Anybody with experience w/AllInclusiveOutlet.com?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 3:03 am

Programs: CO Platinum
I used CheapCaribbean.com last year for my trip to Punta Cana. We stayed at the Iberostar.

Paid online, showed up, no problems ^

http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/

Punta Cana beach was beautiful however there really is nothing to do outside of the resorts as you are really at the end of the island and at least an hour drive from the nearest "city".
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Sorry for the thread, I didn't mean to have a dual topic going on. This post didn't show up after I posted it so I posted again later. I guess my initial post had to be moderator approved first.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AA - Plat, HHonors - Gold
majikTib here's a small bit of advice that should help you get many posts regard Curacao. Modify your message to indicate that you will be visiting the Marriott in Curacao and need advice on local attractions, what to expect and feedback on the hotel. Post this new thread in the Marriott forum. There are quite a few posters who have stayed at the hotel. Ken_Miller5 is one poster I know of who visited the Curacao Marriott.

Be sure to be clear in your title.

This should take care of your Marriott Curacao request and hopefully someone here will pick up the DR request
Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the insight. I'm very familiar with forums, just new to this one and still trying to find my way around and get involved. I searched but the few that came up were years old, nothing within the last 2-3 years.

Now, to word it in a way to avoid posting in multiple forums...
Old Feb 8, 2007, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
Outside your resort, you'll encounter poverty in both places. DR more "lush" with (I think) more rain, Curacao more of an arid climate. My instinct would direct you to Curacao.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd do Curacao...at least there are *some* things to do outside the resort. Punta Cana has nothing (except resorts and a mediocre beach).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.