Wiki Posts
Search

SJU Airport connections

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2007, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
SJU Airport connections

How much time should I give myself if arriving from Anguilla (AXA) on AA and then going over to US to fly back to the states? The flight is scheduled to land in SJU at 4:55. The flight back to the states on US is 6:05?--
Old Jan 18, 2007, 10:38 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.7M and counting slowly
Originally Posted by RMINIONE
How much time should I give myself if arriving from Anguilla (AXA) on AA and then going over to US to fly back to the states? The flight is scheduled to land in SJU at 4:55. The flight back to the states on US is 6:05?--
I've connected in SJU from Caracas to Miami with an hour between flights. Both were operated by AA. Immigration formailities are settled quickly. If you're not checking bags, customs shouldn't be too bad either. However, if your flight is running late, or if they take a while to get your bags onto the belt, you'll be cutting it close... But it's definitely possible.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AA - Plat, HHonors - Gold
One hour sounds easy if:

You are flying AA all the way to your mainland destination.

You are an American resident, as these immigration lines move rather quickly.

If the immigration lines are extremely long, or you flight was delayed arriving into SJU I have found the Airport staff to be most helpful in expediting you through the immigration and customs process. Don't expect expediting through the TSA security though.

All that being said I would suggest at least 1 hour for US residents and 1.5 hours for non residents.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL
We've never had any problems flying through SJU. One hour is close but you should be fine. If you are flying in American Eagle you will have quite a hike--but still okay. Customs is very quick there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.