Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St Croix advice please

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

St Croix advice please

I'll be in St. Croix in April/May and am looking for some good recommendations on eating/diving/side trips, etc. We just booked a 2 room villa at Villa Madeleine- the Caribe Villa. Does anyone have any experience at this location? It is near the Divi Resort which I believe we will have access to. We are planning on renting a car for the week.

I am totally unfamiliar with St. Croix though I was in St. thomas and St. John for a day each several years ago.

Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2006, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, US, NWorst
Stx

All sorts of dive spots around the island- big walls, etc. Daily trips are kind of see as you go, many places just take you out and check in the morning, if place #1 is too choppy, or vis is low, they take you somewhere else.

rental gear is decent although you may want to bring a computer to stay under longer, as most do not rent. There's a great videographer if you want some company on your dive...I'm going this weekend, so will see if I can get his name.

Budget has decent rates for rental cars.
the buccaneer has a great restaurant,
the Cruzan Rum factory tour should not be missed (uhhh, free all you can drink after the tour ^ ^ Bring your Designated driver, and it's a bit off the path...
there is a nice glass artist downtown in you are looking for a gift for someone
If you will PM me your address, I'll pick up some activities books at the airport.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! You have a PM.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, US, NWorst
Originally Posted by rc408
Thanks! You have a PM.
And you have a St Croix info package in the mail from Ponce, Puerto Rico!
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maggie6872
And you have a St Croix info package in the mail from Ponce, Puerto Rico!
Thank you! Are you enjoying your trip? I would imagine the answer is "OH YEAH!"
Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Would love some advice on a nice hotel for a single night overnight in STX, along with dinner recommendations? Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2007, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Usvi History

Can anyone recommend some good books on the history of USVI and St. Croix in particular?
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Does anyone have any experience with the Sandcastle resort in Fredericksted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.