Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Great relatively unknown island in Carribean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great relatively unknown island in Carribean?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2006, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
The BVIs certainly are relatively unknown in parts, as long as you get off Tortola. JvD, Peter Island, Virgin Gorda (Biras Creek), Anegada all wonderful. Have sailed it a number of times now and always had an incredible time, I'd have thought staying in one particular place would get rather dull though...
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:07 am

Wink

ROATAN! You'll never want to leave....you stay like it did!
Old Nov 8, 2006, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
tell me more about Roatan. how is the November weather - is it raining much now?
Old Nov 8, 2006, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
I can't comment on Roatan's weather in November, but you can read my experiences in Decemeber: Roatan Trip Report. The weather then was amazing. We had rain the first day, but other than that, it was excellent - sunny and nary a cloud in the sky.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Would you people quit advertising Roataan?!? It's a wonderful escape, which I highly recommend. However, please don't tell anyone.

Alternatively, several of the atolls off the Belize coast are great. Most visitors are divers. So if you want quiet beaches, everyone else on the island will be underwater!

If the OP is really looking to get away, look into chartering a boat. With captain & crew, you do as little or as much as you want. Find a deserted beach or head into town for the day or to enjoy the nightlife.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:14 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
We are thinking of spending thanksgiving (yes, 2 weeks from now) in Roatan.... can still get tix and lodging available, but just not sure about the weather. If it rains a lot, the visibility for diving can really get messed up because of all of the sediment in the water.

Greg, I did read your report - it was great. However, I got a little scared reading about some of the nasty weather and bumpy flights!

oh, and are people just whiny or are the bugs REALLY that bad on Roatan?
Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:22 am
MeNoSay

Originally Posted by jlillberto
I don't recall any beaches on Saba.
Who said anything about beaches?

Besides, there is one.

Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:30 am

Smile

Originally Posted by wulicny
Peter Island, Antigua (with 365 beaches, you're bound to find one that's empty!), St. John, Saba, Anguilla, Montserrat
I found Antigua a great place for us who love beaches. Food was a little pricey-so I cooked, one nice thing about timeshares. But I've been to a lot of nice islands that I would return to, but Antigua and Jolly Harbor were special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.