Wiki Posts
Search

Barbados: Favourite Areas and Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2003, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator, KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Bronze
Barbados: Favourite Areas and Hotels?

Planning a quick weekend getaway and was looking for advice on favourite areas and hotels in Barbados. Travel is this month.

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:28 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
If you search for Barbados in the Caribbean forum, four threads come up. I haven't been to Barbados yet so I can't help you.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/000114.html
Old Jan 23, 2003, 6:21 pm

I like the Rockley Beach area to stay in-it has a nice beach & is close to St.Lawrence Gap with the nightlife,& it's convenient to town.The Accra beach hotel is located here & is real nice.If you like nightlife,make sure to go to the "Boatyard"(nearer to town)-it's the best!Enjoy!
Old Jan 23, 2003, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator, KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Bronze
Thank you all for your responses.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 11:12 pm

Programs: Marriott BONVOY PLAT Lifetime PLATINUM, 16 years elite; AA 2MM LTPlat, UA, US, DL
We stayed three times at the Royal Pavilion and just love it. We were there last summer, the rooms open right onto the calm and beautiful beach, great snorkelling and swimming and the food is good. Be sure and go to Victors and have the rum punch, the place looks kind of crazy but the food is wonderful and the rum punch is killer. They add nutmeg and it is so tropical! Great ribs. We stayed once at Sandy Lane, which is awesome, but it got so expensive after the remodel it was out of reach. The Cliff restaurant is wonderful and elegant. Have a great time!

[This message has been edited by LISAA (edited 01-23-2003).]
Old Jan 24, 2003, 9:49 am

The coral reef is very nice - family owned for a couple of generations and low-key but still luxury.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 11:24 am

Although I didn't stay overnight, we visited and had lunch at the COLONY CLUB hotel in Barbados in June. It was wonderful. Great setting, great beach, snorkeling to the left... It wasn't very big, but looked very upscale. We all six agreed we'd love to stay there.

You can check out a hotel link -
http://www.islandinns.com/07b.html

Or, if you want to see some of the photos I took on Barbados and at the hotel, I have a lot from a 10 day cruise at -

http://imageevent.com/aladyncal/millennium053102

The Barbados photos are from 112-130, the Colony Club are 126 + 127 (I took more video of the interior).

There are photos there also from St. Lucia, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, and the Celebrity Millennium ship.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 2:11 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

If you please, this discussion can be continued in the Caribbean forum of FT Travel. Best regards.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I've just 'inherited' a client based in Barbados and believe it or not, I'm going to have to go down and visit them (poor me ). This will be on my company's dime, and while the Sandy Lane looks fantastic---I do not want to incur the wrath of Expense Control, so any other suggestions. I'll probably be heading down early-mid next year, golf in NOT important, but I would like something close to the beach (as I'll try to tack on an extra day or two). Also since my clients are in 'Warrrens, St. Michael (?) I'd prefer to be closer to that area.
PS-budgetwise I'm looking in the US$300-450 range (seems to be the 'allowable hotel expense for the island).
Old Oct 9, 2004, 8:25 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Nice place to stay on South Coast : Amaryllis Beach Resort at Hastings, Christ Church very near to the Garrison Historic Area.

A must-do outing is Friday night fish fry at Oistins Fish Market; one of my favourite places to go anywhere ^

Barbados is great.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any budget options that are still nice in Barbados? It appears that Barbados is not listed on priceline. I was hoping for something around $100 per night! (wishful thinking for something nice I know!)
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:47 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any budget options that are still nice in Barbados? It appears that Barbados is not listed on priceline. I was hoping for something around $100 per night! (wishful thinking for something nice I know!)
Try the Allamanda Beach Hotel. It's about $100 per night. You might get breakfast included, and (some of) the rooms have kitchenettes, so you have the option of cooking a meal or two to save $$$. My wife and I were there last December and had a blast. It's about a five minute walk to a public beach, or you can take a shuttle to its sister (and more upscale) hotel, and use the beach and other facilities there. It was certainly not the fanciest hotel we've stayed at, but it was clean, we had a beautiful view of the pool and the sea, and the people were friendly. The kitchen (esp. the fridge) was a definate plus.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 5:40 am
Suspended

See my new posting on Barbados Insider Tips.

Lois
Old Nov 6, 2006, 9:48 am
MeNoSay

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are you looking for a full-service hotel? If not, there are tons of guesthouses where you can have your own room and bathroom right next to the beach for like $30-40 US/night. With air conditioning maybe a little more.

Barbados is great for budget traveling -- very popular with Canadian and European students. But the full-service hotels are very expensive.

(FWIW, I chucked at the poster above who needed to find a hotel in the $300-450/night range...I was there last year, stayed for 8 days on the beach, ate fish on the beach every day, drank great rum, etc. and the whole trip cost $320 US)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.