Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mid-May Luxury Resort Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2023, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Mid-May Luxury Resort Recommendations

I’m trying to select a resort for a mid-May trip with three or four couples. The requirements are
  • direct flight from NYC (under 5 hours)
  • room rate under $1k/night
  • resort that we wouldn’t need to leave (restaurants, bars, etc on property)
  • adult focused (I don’t need adults only, but I don’t want a ton of screaming kids running around)

Last year we went to Las Ventanas in Cabo, so I’m trying to pick somewhere more convenient for the East coasters for this year. I’ve been considering mostly beach resorts in the Caribbean or Mexico (Punta Mita, Rivera Maya) - but I’m open to other places and vibes (would LOVE to travel with this group to BlackBerry Mountain but way out of our price range):
  • New six senses in Grenada, but it opens the week of our trip, and that makes me nervous. Also not sure what Grenada beaches are like
  • Etereo in Rivera Maya looks like it could be good, but it’s booked for our target weekend
  • New Edition in Rivera Maya (not super familiar with the Edition chain - will it be nice?)
  • Como Parrot Cay - outside of our price range, but maybe could convince the group to stretch?

Any suggestions??
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Revised list

After more research, I’m down to four options. Any opinions would be appreciated!

- Sugar Beach (are the multiple room villas on the same quality level as the other hotels? It’s much cheaper!)

- Como Parrot Cay (We’d get the base room level)

- Four Seasons Anguilla (we’d get a beach front town house. Does this feel like you could be anywhere? I go to Hawaii all the time, but this will be my first Caribbean trip)

- Six Senses Grenada (risky since brand new, but good preview rates)

- Belmond Maroma (switching gears to Rivera Maya)
Old Dec 18, 2023, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Under the Travel and Dining forum is a Luxury Travel forum. Maybe ask there to get more responses.
ReservedbySarah likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.