Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Been looking for a few days for flight from Europe to DR or Caribbean

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Hey all. Barely any direct flights from London/Europe to DR and not seen any deals. No issue with connecting flights in the US, but so many stopovers. Did I miss something. Hope to fly out before xmas
Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
LAST MINUTE: Brussels, Belgium to the Dominican Republic for only €422 roundtrip (Nov-Dec dates)

Search Results | Secret Flying
Old Nov 22, 2023, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much NK. I found these last night but prices jump up even early in December. Tried to search myself using the same routes no luck. Found a decent economy but didn't want the hassle of stopping over in Canada or USA and getting an ESTA etc. There are stopovers in Madrid but depends how flexible you can be with dates 😉 and how patient you are
Old Nov 22, 2023, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is also this...Change it to 1 adult to see the 329 euro rate...

CRUISE: 14-day Full Board from France to Spain & the Caribbean for only €249 per person (Dec dates)
Old Nov 22, 2023, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Haha funny enough this is what I'm looking at which meant I only need a one way flight from DR. There is a 3 week option from Marseille as it seems savona port is tricky to get to which was £100 more but got a few moore ports added in. But found a sailing from DR for a week and tried to sell it to my friend yesterday which is why I need the return flight. If she chooses not to go then going back to the 3 week plan already worked out cost etc.

Also found air Canada has a decent deal for £670 return from London but working out visa costs and adding a case as it has a stop in Canada each way. More hassle but guess a better airline

Second option was from Madrid iberojet direct not bad prices similar to air Canada but iffy reviews. About £750 rtn with a case and don't need a visa so can fly to Madrid the night before and spend new years in Madrid

I check that website religiously was in Japan when they posted it but was looking at cruises for Xmas and found it a few days ago. But the more I search I keep finding better deals. Have been on a 3 week cruise with Costa not too bad. The USA website is more expensive to book similar deals BTW if anyone is interested.

Thanks again
nk15 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you only need a flight back, check with Avios, Iberia flies SDQ-MAD and this route has some good award availability generally, 50k for J and economy as low as 17-22k, although this route usually does not have planes with PE. Iberia direct flights to/from N. America is my usual routing, as the award fees in J are reasonable, between $110-160. It may be cheaper to just purchase the Avios either via subscription or boosting. That's what I often do and end up with an one way J ticket for $700.

Last edited by nk15; Nov 22, 2023 at 7:04 am
Old Nov 24, 2023, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much, that is really helpful. Very pitiful amount of avios at the moment. But they have quite good fares anyway.
nk15 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, SDQ-MAD in J is actually 42k Avios (plus $150 in fees) for the first half of December, and Y half of that, because it is considered off-peak.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Ha sorry I meant my aviois balance. But good to know thank you 😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.