Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

PLS (Turks and Caicos) VIP Flyers Club Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold

Any thoughts on this lounge? Are there any others at PLS or is this the only option?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Hertz Gold Member ,Avis Preferred, DL SKYCLUB
Unfortunately this is the only option in lounge choices..
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by melvin
Unfortunately this is the only option in lounge choices..
Right, but any thoughts on it’s value? What’s in the lounge and part of the entry fee?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Member ,Avis Preferred, DL SKYCLUB
Originally Posted by zpaul

Right, but any thoughts on it’s value? What’s in the lounge and part of the entry fee?
No,,, Did not use the lounge at all, Closed on all three times departing Airport.
zpaul likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:42 am
Original Poster

I sprang for it, and it was okay but I'm not sure I'd do it again. The pros are that it's quiet and has air conditioning, whereas the main seating area is crowded, loud, and does not have aircon. There is a bar on the upper level with an outdoor deck which could be a nice alternative.

The lounge itself has lots of comfortable chairs but no tables, and there was a definite lack of electrical plugs. It was under renovation, so it could get better. The food as nothing more than chips, Chex mix, and some grocery store cheese and cold cut platters. Coors Light and Undurraga sauv blanc were the only adult beverages, and there was a selection of soft drinks.

Once I left and went to duty-free and heard the chaos of the main sitting area, I decided that $50 was an okay price of admission to get away from that. But, as always, YMMV.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:51 am

Just leaving today and was looking for a lounge. Walk up cost is now 75usd which to me is outrageous.

Go upstairs where there are two bars and it is much quieter. There is also A/C throughout the entire terminal, however, they leave the doors open and that warms the place up.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AdamY
Just leaving today and was looking for a lounge. Walk up cost is now 75usd which to me is outrageous.
Unless the renovation is something truly spectacular, totally agree that the club isn't worth it at that price.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:07 pm

Anyone know of any alternate booking portals for the lounge?

Their website form seems to be the only way, even phoning them they said use the website. Wondering if anyone else markets and sells their service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.