Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Travelling POS-UVF and UVF-LGW (both BA2158) on two separate tickets

Travelling POS-UVF and UVF-LGW (both BA2158) on two separate tickets

Old Aug 8, 17, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Travelling POS-UVF and UVF-LGW (both BA2158) on two separate tickets

I already have flight LGW-UVF-LGW booked (7th December).

The returning flight UVF-LGW (BA2158) takes off 20:40 from UVF.

I am now looking to book a different flight POS-UVF (spending some time on Trinidad in betwen) on the same day, 7th December. This flight has the same flight number BA2158 and arrives to UVF at 19:40, leaving just 1 hour to connect to flight to LGW.

After some research and looking at videos from POS-UVF-LGW flights, it appears this is the same plane and that passengers travelling to LGW are not de-planed in UVF.

My question is: will I and my baggage get checked all the way through (POS-LGW) in POS, although I have two separate tickets for the two flights that share the flight number and airplane? Or can I expect any problems at POS or UVF (e.g. re-checking at UVF)?

Or should I rather book flight from POS-SLU and get a taxi transfer SLU-UVF?

Any tips welcome

M.
Old Aug 9, 17, 7:12 am

Programs: AA
BA's official policy is to not check through on separate tickets, although things may be handled differently in POS. I don't know that I would risk booking separate tickets knowing that.
Old Aug 9, 17, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply.

I also don't want to risk missing the connecting flight.

I'm trying to get a hold of someone from BA at POS but so far I can't get through the "busy" BA call center lines.
Old Aug 11, 17, 1:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
Knowing Caribbean perception of costumer service, I really wouldn't risk this.

I think BA is the only operator of the POS-UVF sector, so I would fly LI or BW to the amazingly quaint and "cozy" SLU on the eastern coast earlier in the day, and have a taxi take you down to UVF. Trust me, it's an amazing drive through rolling hills and montains, mixed with a long stretch along the dramatic eastern coast of St Lucia.
You won't regret it!
Old Aug 11, 17, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Hi Milkman, that is exactly what I'm going to do - fly to SLU early that day and take a taxi to UVF

In the meantime I got a reply from BA (their support finally responded to my email) and they confirmed that they have stopped checking though in case of separate tickets.

Search this Thread