Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - Caribbean - is it worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Many people have signed up for Global Entry or TSA Pre-check. I just signed up for Global Entry.

I wanted to get the group's thoughts on wait times and whether or not it is worth getting Global Entry for the Caribbean islands?

Example:
Nassau, Bahamas
Typical Wait time: 30 minutes
Global Entry Wait time: 5 minutes
Note: High season - May 2016

I thought this would help with travel plans.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mrnik2007
Many people have signed up for Global Entry or TSA Pre-check. I just signed up for Global Entry.

I wanted to get the group's thoughts on wait times and whether or not it is worth getting Global Entry for the Caribbean islands?

Example:
Nassau, Bahamas
Typical Wait time: 30 minutes
Global Entry Wait time: 5 minutes
Note: High season - May 2016

I thought this would help with travel plans.
In my experience NAS is not a huge challenge on most days. The same for BDA and AUA which are the other two Caribbean airports with pre-clearance. But there another 25-30 Caribbean airports with flights to SJU, MIA, CLT, IAD, etc. and having GE will save you hours of time and prevent missed connections when you return to the US.
--
13F
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; Southwest; American Airlines
GE provides piece of mind when you are heading back -- I think we all have had instances when security is mysteriously backed up. We have seen long lines at times, and GE helps us zip through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.