Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caribbean Island hopping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Caribbean Island hopping

We want to take a Caribbean vacation this fall but we want to visit several islands- Grand Cayman for sure because that's where we got married (30 yr anniversary this year), probably St. Maarten (one of our best vacations ever), St. Kitts maybe, or ?. My question is there any airline that has any kind of island hopping fare or at least has a lot of Caribbean destinations? I tried Cayman air but they only fly to a couple of other Caribbean islands, not on our list.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:41 pm

The two airlines with the widest network are LIAT liat.com and Caribbean Airlines caribbean-airlines.com - LIAT used to offer an explorer fare but there's nothing on their website about it now, as far as I know CAL doesn't offer such a fare either. I know this doesn't help much, but perhaps contacting the two airlines may get you further.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Cayman Islands is not really close to anything other than Florida and Jamaica so it is not really convenient for island hopping. The easiest way to get from GCM to SXM or any other island in the eastern Caribbean, is to go via MIA.
--
13F
Old Feb 24, 2016, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Yes, it looks like Grand Cayman is not going to fit in to the itinerary very easily. We would have to fly back to Miami I think in order to get to the other islands.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by sgosline
Yes, it looks like Grand Cayman is not going to fit in to the itinerary very easily. We would have to fly back to Miami I think in order to get to the other islands.
You can fly to Nassau, Havana or Jamaica but thats about it.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sgosline
We want to take a Caribbean vacation this fall but we want to visit several islands- Grand Cayman for sure because that's where we got married (30 yr anniversary this year), probably St. Maarten (one of our best vacations ever), St. Kitts maybe, or ?. My question is there any airline that has any kind of island hopping fare or at least has a lot of Caribbean destinations? I tried Cayman air but they only fly to a couple of other Caribbean islands, not on our list.
I had booked(ex YYZ) ACr to Curacao, Insel to St.Maartan, Caribbean to Trinidad and on to Barbados and ACr back to Toronto. This trip was in February this year
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Me and my husband did this with LIAT and Air Antilles last December. Unfortunately, I made a mistake and ended up going from St Vincent to Grenada via a 5.5 hour stop in Barbados which sucked, but oh well.

We visited all the independent nations from St Kitts down to Trinidad, plus Guadeloupe. Antigua was a disappointment (as I had expected), but no thanks to LIAT, we didn't get to enjoy Grenada or Trinidad as much as we could have done. Although they did get us to Barbados earlier than expected from St Lucia!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.