Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to go What to do this Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Where to go What to do this Christmas

I understand i am waking up late but have 300k marriott points and 100k Delta to burn. Also have last two weeks of the year vacation.

Family of 4 2 adults and 2 kids (5,10)

Open to anywhere and spend time if it is warm and have some family activities.

Throw some ideas please on how best i can use my points.

My Location: Washington DC
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by va1234
I understand i am waking up late but have 300k marriott points and 100k Delta to burn. Also have last two weeks of the year vacation.

Family of 4 2 adults and 2 kids (5,10)

Open to anywhere and spend time if it is warm and have some family activities.

Throw some ideas please on how best i can use my points.

My Location: Washington DC
At this point, I would just start looking for availability, and go where the points take me. The AirFrance site has a nice travel award availability tool. It's super high season. Are you planning on buying everyone's plane tickets with points? In that case, you're going to be limited to the US with tix at 25K each. I'm skeptical that delta will have the availability.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
At this point, I would just start looking for availability, and go where the points take me. The AirFrance site has a nice travel award availability tool. It's super high season. Are you planning on buying everyone's plane tickets with points? In that case, you're going to be limited to the US with tix at 25K each. I'm skeptical that delta will have the availability.
Kay, You are right, my options could be limited here. I am counting on Hotel + Air package deal from Marriott to convert some points to delta like 100 - 120k to add to my existing points. That takes me to 220k Delta and can take me somewhere. That also leaves 7 day stay at Cat 7 at marriott.

Now i have to connect the dots to where and how.

I looked at Delta and i could see some convenient dates to St Thomas, USVI.
Anyone can share how it is for a family vacation with kids. Any interesting activities there?

I can see Scrub Island Resort availability for some days..

~ VA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.