Wiki Posts
Search

How to get to Kingston from Negril

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
How to get to Kingston from Negril

I bought BA club tickets in the sale earlier but the snag is they fly into Kingston. The business class tickets were a steal & cheaper than Virgin by a mile.

Outbound we are overnighting at the Strawberry Hill outside of kingston ( hotel looks awesome) & then catching a Carribean Airlines flight to MBJ the following afternoon where we get the free Couples Resort transfer to CSA Negril.

Inbound we have 2 choices to get back to Kingston airport.

a) hire a JUTA approved driver from the hotel in negril & drive to kingston airport. we need to arrive for around 4.30 pm checkin. Stop off for lunch or a swim on the way. Know the roads are bumpy in Jamaica but don't know how bad it is on this route. We are keen to see a bit more of the island away from the tourists but in a safe environment!

B) get up really early & get the transfer to MBJ airport to catch the morning flight to kingston. Hire a JUTA driver for the day & visit Bob Marley musuem & somewhere nice for lunch. we aren't reggae fans though so this aspect is more of a time filler. Heresy I know.

Advice & recommendations welcome.

Thanks

SteveG
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I used Knutsford Express bus service between KIN and MBJ about two years ago. It was comfortable, I felt safe, and it was cheap. I remember something in the mid US20 range. The bus will stop in Ocho Rios long enough to stretch your legs. The website shows a Negril-KIN route. http://www.knutsfordexpress.com/
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.