Wiki Posts
Search

90 min connection in SXM

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

90 min connection in SXM

Arriving on AA from MIA and connecting to Saba using on 2 separate tickets. British passport, one checked bag. Instinct tells me this is fine if the inbound is on time. Is it right?

Any tips for getting through SXM quickly and rechecking bags would be appreciated.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:05 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
If inbound is on time, immigration isn't slow, and there's no lines at check in, you should be fine.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Agree you should be fine. As it's international connection (Saba is Netherlands, not part of Sint Maarten), you may be able to use transfer desk without even going through immigration. But it's plenty of timne anyway.

Was there last week, flight to Saba is incredible. Have a great trip.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Lovely, thanks. Very much looking forward to Saba.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Arriving on AA from MIA and connecting to Saba using on 2 separate tickets. British passport, one checked bag. Instinct tells me this is fine if the inbound is on time. Is it right?

Any tips for getting through SXM quickly and rechecking bags would be appreciated.
SXM is very busy on Sat and Sun afternoons when the widebodies from Europe arrive. As long as you are not arriving just behind an AF or KL flight, 90 mins should be plenty of time to make the connection.
--
13F
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
SXM is very busy on Sat and Sun afternoons when the widebodies from Europe arrive. As long as you are not arriving just behind an AF or KL flight, 90 mins should be plenty of time to make the connection.
--
13F
It's a Monday, 40mins after AF.

I found an email address on the Winair website where they asked connecting passengers to contact them and advise details. I did this and received confirmation they'd look out for me and ensure I would make the connection if at all possible.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So, chapter and verse on connecting in SXM.

There are three options

* If your bags are through checked and you have onward BP's, there are transit desks before immigration - either on the right as you walk towards the desks or to the left when you arrive at the counters
* If you are on WinAir or St Barths Commuter there are transit desks after immigration in the baggage hall. They can check your bags and issue BP's. There is a staircase up to departure security which cuts the line straight to the x-ray machine saving quite a lot of time in the afternoon rush
* If neither apply you'll have to go landside and walk left to departures - it isn't far at all and all in the main terminal

Basically I wouldn't book anything less than 90 minutes to give some scope for contingency, but TBH you could then be 30mins late and still make a connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.