Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Traveling to Aruba: What's the least expensive season to go? Where should I stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling to Aruba: What's the least expensive season to go? Where should I stay?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

I'd like to travel to Aruba. What's the least expensive time of year to go? Where can I stay that's nice but inexpensive? Is Cheap Caribbean a good consolidator to use, or is there somewhere else I should look?

I'd prefer to use AA miles, but if you know of a deal on Aruba with another airline, I'd definitely be interested.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:32 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Since this query is specific to one country/region, we'll shift this to the Caribbean forum. Thanks! /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:47 am

I would go to www.aruba-bb.com and/or aruba.com for best advice.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 2:08 am

Programs: continental united starwood hilton marriott
prices in Aruba are high during holiday season if you avoid traveling then prices would be OK, any of the hotel chains should have deals unless on budget or heavy drinker stay away from all inclusive, There are plentiful good restaurants in a wide range of prices, Best 2 beaches are eagle and palm. Holiday inn, hyatt, radisson. marriott are well located, If you want to rent a timeshare, suggest Playa Linda(go to their web site). Weather shoiuld be good anytime of the year. Whwn looking hotel should be on beach, not across street from beach
Old Nov 26, 2011, 3:24 pm

Aruba

Weve been to Aruba close to 10 times. Only you can decide if it is worth the miles for the free flight. We have always used Priceline to bid on a hotel in Aruba and have never been disappointed. If you bid for a resort level hotel you are almost assured of getting either the Westin or the Marriott Stellaris. We have stayed at both about four times each. Both are great. We have paid as little as $65 a night with a high of $150 a night via our bids.

I would secure air and then bid starting with a $90 a night bid and increasing by $10 a night every 24 hours. Presuming it is not a holiday you should get a "win" in this price range.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:23 am

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Midway between Thanksgiving and Christmas is often economical as is about 1-2 weeks after New Year's after everyone's gone home. More than a week away from Valentine's Day and Easter are also good times. Least expensive is generally the hottest part of the year, mid-July to August -- or any time in peak hurricane season (the whole season runs approx. Easter to Thanksgiving, but more likely after July).
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:14 am

Programs: continental united starwood hilton marriott
I do not believe Aruba has a real Hurricane season and weather is fairly uniform thru out year
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:41 pm

Hopefully the weather this Xmas season will be better than last year....
All I can say is that I was surprised to see sprigs of grass when our plane landed... never had a wetter time rained almost every day and torrential storms at that... Between Xmas and New Years... never again.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by arubalad
I do not believe Aruba has a real Hurricane season and weather is fairly uniform thru out year
It doesn't get as many hurricanes as other parts of the Caribbean, no, but that doesn't mean that there's not issues getting there during hurricane season. Also, people who might have gone other places tend to go to the ABCs during hurricane season, so it tends to be busier than others might be. So where it might be low season for Bahamas, it'll be mid to high for Aruba.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.