Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Juan, PR Business Dress Code

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:19 am
Original Poster

San Juan, PR Business Dress Code

I have a meeting in San Juan in late October with a bunch of high level business guys and likely some lawyers. Everybody is from Puerto Rico except for me. If the meeting was in CONUS I would anticipipate suits and ties for everybody. What should I expect in San Juan?
Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by deaddog
I have a meeting in San Juan in late October with a bunch of high level business guys and likely some lawyers. Everybody is from Puerto Rico except for me. If the meeting was in CONUS I would anticipipate suits and ties for everybody. What should I expect in San Juan?
Thanks
In my US multinational's office's in San Juan, shirts and jackets, but no ties. When I visit a government client, I usually wear a tie, especially if it is the first meeting.
--
13F
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:46 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Shirt, jacket, tie. Dark colored jacket/pants.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated. Turns out I will have a one morning and one afternoon of downtime - any suggestions on what to do in a couple of hours? How about restaurants - prefer local food, need not be fancy? Staying in Condado area
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:15 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
morning and afternoon...

Take a cab to Old San Juan, have breakfast at La Bombonera on Calle San Francisco (I can't recommend that place enough), enjoy the scenery for a few hours and grab lunch at Fefo's on Calle Tanca.

In Condado, I'd suggest do what the locals there do: enjoy the beach in the morning, and lunch at Via Appia (Italian), Danny's (Italian), or Buenos Ayres (Argentine).
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Go in to Old San Juan. It's a short cab ride. I suggest breakfast at El Convento. The restaurant is in an open air courtyard in the center of the building. After breakfast, just wander the cobblestone streets.

On the other hand, if you need a specific goal to your wandering, visit the fortress, El Morro.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.