Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

New Capital One perk: The Cultivist membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Capital One perk: The Cultivist membership

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2022, 5:55 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
When I saw this I thought this was a tongue in cheek thread trolling Cap 1 die hard fans!
very useful list of museums but not too large as yet
Originally Posted by happychic
There is a new perk offered by C1 for consumer and business cardholders: complimentary 6 months The Cultivist Enthusiast membership. Reading through the fine print, I need to download the app, and most (not all) locations allow cardholder to bring up to 3 guests. I was able to successfully register after inputting my C1 card number.
If anyone has used this perk already, how was your experience getting into the museum? How does one find out which locations can a cardholder bring guest(s)?
I cannot find The Cultivist app to download in the app store. I am able to pull up my membership card from their website though.
The Cultivist site on the perk for C1 cardholders: https://www.thecultivist.com/capitalone
List of eligible museums: https://cultivistuser.s3.eu-west-2.a...mProgramme.pdf
Offers expire on June 22, 2024 at 11:59pm ET.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by ffI
When I saw this I thought this was a tongue in cheek thread trolling Cap 1 die hard fans!
very useful list of museums but not too large as yet
Yeah, I thought this was a nice perk! When I emailed them back in July for tickets they got back to me in two days. I hope this perk stays.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:18 pm

Received this email after activating my account:

Welcome! We are delighted to have you on board for a complimentary 6 month membership as an Enthusiast member of The Cultivist. To activate your access to our website and app please click here.

You can access your digital museum card through our app or website. To learn how to add the app to your home screen, please click here.

Please send a headshot to [email protected] so that we may add this to your card.

Your Enthusiast membership grants access to resources every art lover needs.
  • Your museum card will allow you and up to three guests free access to over 100 of the world’s top museums with no lines.
  • Our app and website include an always up-to-date list of major museum exhibitions, travel tips from art world insiders and reviews from your fellow members.
  • Our educational platform allows you to join a selection of virtual events. If you want to dive deeper into a certain period or subject of art, have a look at the Cultivist Academy section for our upcoming sessions with an expert, which are available for an additional cost.
After your complimentary 6 month membership, enrolled members will be auto-billed using your payment method on file for an ongoing Enthusiast membership at the standard membership fee of $40 per month. You may cancel at any time.

If you have any questions or would like to cancel, feel free to get in touch with us at any time using [email protected].

Last edited by Schutzee; Sep 28, 2022 at 12:26 pm
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Bump! If you have signed up for the trial membership at the beginning of the perk announcement, it has almost been six months. Remember to cancel your trial membership unless you plan on paying and keeping it.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
And if you enjoy visiting art museums while traveling, I highly recommend joining the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis. It's $115/year ($125 for MN residents) Travellers membership includes access to 1,200 museums around America.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
And if you enjoy visiting art museums while traveling, I highly recommend joining the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis. It's $115/year ($125 for MN residents) Travellers membership includes access to 1,200 museums around America.
Interesting. If you look at the participating members, it seems that the going rate for reciprocal benefits is $100/year (well my sample size was 4 out of 1,200).
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:32 pm

Programs: United, Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Elite
Used the cultivist membership?

All - I am going to Paris next week and see from Cap1, we have access to The Cultivist. I signed up. Have you successfully had access to museums?
I am intending to see the Louvre and another major museum, but given it's right around Christmas (likely packed) and 1 week away, I need to move fast on getting tickets.

I also do not want to risk going up to the ticket booth, showing them that "I have a Cultivist membership!" and they go what? And because it's so busy if you didn't pre-purchase tickets, you're SOL.

Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Interesting. If you look at the participating members, it seems that the going rate for reciprocal benefits is $100/year (well my sample size was 4 out of 1,200).
Yeah I was looking at a similar membership through the Seattle Art Museum. The $250 tier gives reciprocal access, and I believe there's a $300ish tier at the Met that has the same benefit.

Both are (mostly) tax deductible, so I'm curious what The Cultivist's target market is now.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 6:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by trustful88
I am intending to see the Louvre and another major museum
I would begin by reading this document, and noting that the Louvre is not listed as a museum where members receive free admission:

https://cultivistuser.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/Digital+Content+/Brochures/CultivistMuseumProgramme.pdf

WHAT ABOUT NON-PARTNER MUSEUMS?
DO I PAY FOR THOSE TICKETS?

Yes, for museums that are not listed in the above link, you are responsible for covering the cost of tickets. However, our art concierge team can help you arrange the tickets in advance, making your trip run much more smoothly. For this service, there is no extra charge.

Last edited by mia; Dec 24, 2022 at 6:49 am
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Yeah I was looking at a similar membership through the Seattle Art Museum. The $250 tier gives reciprocal access, and I believe there's a $300ish tier at the Met that has the same benefit.

Both are (mostly) tax deductible, so I'm curious what The Cultivist's target market is now.
In 2019 the Tax Foundation estimated that approximately 13.9% of tax payers itemized deductions (meaning that ~86% used the standard deduction). I pretty seriously doubt that tax "deductibility" has much of anything to do with peoples decisions on art museum memberships... (I'm not saying its zero, but for the vast majority of people it is totally irrelevant)

Regards
Old Dec 25, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: United, Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Elite
Originally Posted by mia
I would begin by reading this document, and noting that the Louvre is not listed as a museum where members receive free admission:

https://cultivistuser.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/Digital+Content+/Brochures/CultivistMuseumProgramme.pdf
Thanks. Their website lists the Louvre though when you log in, which is confusing?
Old Feb 15, 2023, 9:16 pm

Just curious if you found out if the Louvre is included? I just filled out the form for the free membership and I'm waiting for my email with the membership details. I'm planning to go next month so I have some time to pre-purchase tickets if this doesn't work. I'm guessing I just have to email them to request the tickets.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

It appears the Louvre is no longer on the list.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Originally Posted by happychic
It appears the Louvre is no longer on the list.
I was able to get 2 free tickets for the Louvre few days ago, but the 3rd is charged.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
The Louvre is back on the list, but the Rijksmuseum which was on the list is no longer on the list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.