Wiki Posts
Search

*A Lounge access in practice for CP

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2000, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Marriott*Plutonium Lifetime, other stuff
*A Lounge access in practice for CP

Just off on another trip around Europe and since it is my first since CP left oneworld I was wondering what experiences people have had so far with accessing *A lounges? I'm CP Gold, and I know what the rules are - I am looking for actual experiences and problems, and how far the news that CP-members should be granted access has propagated around the alliance.

I don't want to fight to get in at every airport I visit.
Old Jul 17, 2000, 3:34 pm
MD

As I have had no status on CP, I can not answer that part of your question. My Aeroplan Elite card is all I need. However, on my last trip there in late June, I visited a BD lounge in LHR and LH lounges in HAJ and MUC. All had signs saying words to the effect of "We are pleased to welcome Canadian Plus as a new parter of BD/LH".

The LH lounge in BRU did not have such a sign, and I did not enquire.

Good Luck, and Bon Voyage.
Old Jul 17, 2000, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
You should carry your Gold card. At YYC, there is a CP desk within the MLL lounge - no card needed here. In YVR and YYZ, I had to present my card, even though the Gold Status was imprinted as a watermark on my ticket and also on the passenger receipt.
Old Jul 18, 2000, 7:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
AC always insists on the card.

The reason (as I just found out this weekend) is that some travel agents have hit upon a scheme where they can make a PNR look like the passenger is an Élite. (It involves using a genuine Élite number and then overwriting fields before closing the PNR).

This would serve to print an AC*E on the boarding pass, without the passenger being entitled.
Old Jul 19, 2000, 11:14 am
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
When accessing * lounges outside Canada, be prepared that it may take a while for them to check through their manuals. When I tried to get access to the UA lounge in HK last month with a TG boarding pass, though I was travelling in business and holding a CP Gold card, they still needed to take 5 mins to verify it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.