Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many "elites" in Canadian Plus?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2000, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
How many "elites" in Canadian Plus?

Thought it was time we shifted out of our funk and criticism and take on a semi-serious subject. On both the UA and AA forums, they've posted this question, so why not here and on the Cdn forum...

How many ExecutivePlatinums and Golds and Clubs are there in Canadian Plus?

It had been speculated that EP's represent the top 1% or 2% of CP customers, while G's maybe the rest of the top 10%. The AA forum speculated that there are about 15K EPs in their program, which I find a low number given the membership in AAdvantage and the corporate population base in the U.S. That number would suggest there are just 1K EPs -- smaller Canadian economy and population -- but I suspect there would have to be more to make the program viable.

What's your guess? Anybody know the actual numbers?
Old Jun 20, 2000, 11:00 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Airlines are habitually very reluctant to give these numbers because of the heavy competition in this sector.

I remember having read on a previous CP letter 2-3 yars ago that Gold AND EP represented the top 1% of their travellers.

I think CP have around 2,000,000 members so 1% represent 20,000 FF. My guess is that 10% could be EP. These 2000 would be in line with AA numbers you got.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.