Calgary Changes

Old May 30, 2000, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Calgary Changes

With all the attention focused on the consolidation and changes at YYZ, it seems those at YYC are going unnoticed. On June 3rd Cdn will shift all its operations into the main terminal and the north terminal will be taken over by other carriers like WestJet, etc.

For its corporate headquarters, the Empress Clubs in Calgary have never been anything sepcial. But the one in the north terminal did have a certain "shuttle" character and bustle.

Alas, that Empress Club will close down (computers have been off line for a week now) so elites will use either the large, superb MLL or the smaller, dumpy Empress Club in the main terminal, depending upon which wing their flights leave from.

Spent my last visit to the north lounge reading the guest book, filled with sad notes and "thank yous" from folks like us. Will miss the place.
Old May 30, 2000, 11:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
The agent said today that all CP shuttle (at least YYC-YEG) flights will leave from the "A" Section starting next week (moving from "D"). That will be a lot more convenient -- no more ticketing in one place and boarding way the h*ll and gone to the other side.
Old May 31, 2000, 7:53 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
The computers have been down for about 5 weeks. The sign on them said that they will be repaired by "Monday"... they never gave a specific Monday!

Yes, the move to the A-terminal has been very quiet. I have been through Calgary every week for the last month or so. I noticed the sign just outside security last week that said that the move was happening.

I agree with you, Shareholder, both lounges are terrible, especially since Calgary is a hub and HQ. I visited the ML about 2 weeks ago. It makes the Empress Lounges look like a rat hole.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.