Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with getting CPlus miles

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2000, 1:40 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Problems with getting CPlus miles

I have a trip on Qantas on Sat from HKG - CNS and returning SYD - HKG next week. I tried calling Qantas to put my CPlus number in but was told that they couldn't do anything because they said name does not match !!???! So I have to mail the tickets and boarding passes which I really don't like to do as I hav to wait and wait to see whether miles are credited. This also mean I will be travelling tomorrow with no OneWorld status!!

Have anyone had the same thing happened to them? I will try to call back to Canada EP desk and see whether anything could be done.

Empress
Old May 26, 2000, 6:06 am
ALW

Empress, try checking the name on your ticket, maybe that's what's wrong!

And of course for sure, try getting the number added when you check in.

andrew

[This message has been edited by Andrew Webber (edited 05-26-2000).]
Old May 26, 2000, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Empress - it all falls down to HOW the name was programmed into QANTAS' system when all this OneWorld thing began.

QANTAS' programmers could have misspelt your name or alternated your middle name or something like that. My cousin, had his middle initials switched around to his first name (Chinese name) and that caused major problems on his OneWorld RTW ticket because every other OW airline recognised the name and status except QANTAS!

The best bet is to ask QANTAS how your name is spelt by giving them your CPLUS number first - they might deny it , but yes, you can check name based on CPLUS number!

Otherwise, just show your card at check-in ! It works that way.

Old May 26, 2000, 9:42 am
Original Poster

I think that might have been what happened. It's something related to my name. I will definetely keep all tickets and boarding passes to ensure the points go in.

So does showing the card at checkin enable them to enter my # into the system so I'll get the points?
Old May 26, 2000, 4:09 pm
ALW

Empress, it doesn't necessarily get your number in, and the points posted automatically (although with a physical card in front of them maybe they could change it), but you also said,

This also mean I will be travelling tomorrow with no OneWorld status!!
and I think the point (certainly my point anyway) is that it should get you access to lounges and priority checkins, based on your status.

But check the ticket very carefully because you want to make sure it at least matches your passport! (which would be a more serious mismatch than it not matching your CP name in their system).

Hopefully you'll find Q has recorded your name incorrectly and will fix it.

andrew
Old May 26, 2000, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

While EP desk never did return my call, this is the reason I discovered:

The name on the ticket matches the name on the passport with my middle name spelled out while the CPlus account only have the first letter of the middle name. I never thought this was a problem as this is the first time since I joined CPlus in 92 that they can't get my number in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.