Search

YYZ-HNL-YYZ

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2000, 6:22 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
YYZ-HNL-YYZ

I will be flying CP to Hawaii in early July. I have not flown CP in a VERY LONG time and I will be flying economy. Should I be dreading this? Will Travel Cuts student fares get me aeroplan points on CP?
Old May 5, 2000, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Any fare except certain industry and consolidator fares should get you Aeroplan miles. Check the code on your ticket: it will likely be a Q, L, V or N. And there is no reason to dread the flight, since CP flights in the back cabin are generally superior to AC. (Boy will I get in trouble from AC die-hards for that statement!) But my experience comes from the good old days, BAC (before Air Canada).

Since you'll be earning about 10K from this trip, it is a relatively small price to pay to spend 7-hours in the back cabin. It's more miles than to LHR from YYZ for about the same flight time. This flight would qualify as a great mileage run at the right price.
Old May 5, 2000, 10:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
You shouldn't dread it at all! Be glad you
are on CP and not on a U.S. carrier. Their
service is still quite good. We did YVR-HNL
last Feb. and really nice flight on a 767
there and a 747 on the way back. Cabin crew
was excellent, and really took good care of my young kids both ways.
Have a good trip!
(You likely won't get the 747 on that route-
probably a 767-300)

Bob.
Old May 5, 2000, 10:28 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

I am going to be flying YYZ - HNL on Sunday but in J class though. I have flown this route several times in the past 12 months and service have been excellent. Too bad, no more 747s on this route. It'll be all handled by 767s. You should be careful that the tickets that you buy from Travel Cuts is not a consolidator fare!
Old May 6, 2000, 2:16 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Thanks very much for the feedback.

Travel Cuts fares are usualy Z fares. Before the AC CP merger, only AC credited points for Z fares CP did not. This is why I am not sure if I will get my points.....

I am paying CDN$700 for the airfare and redeeming Marriott points for a 1 week stay at the Renaissance Ilikai- Honolulu hotel. I am looking very forward!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.