Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada3000

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2000, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Canada3000

Is Canada3000 positioning itself to take over the oneworld slot soon to be vacated from Canadian Airlines? Both the National Post and Globe & Mail have full page ads showing the carrier's extensive route network (albeit vacation-oriented destinations) with wording that tries to shake the "charter airline" label.

Stay tuned...
Old Apr 18, 2000, 11:55 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plt, Delta Htls Gld, Marriott Sil, HHonors Dmd, Inter Cont Plt, Avis First, National Exc
Yes I saw this too, quite professional!.

They really do seem to be trying to get rid of the image of a charter organization. A real image building avdertisment.

I wonder where they are going with this?, I agree with you they certainly are not going to just stick to the charter business.

Oneworld, hum now that would add some fun!.I think they could do it!

But the name would have to go. Canada 3000, that would not fit! They have the fleet!

Yes it could work!, is the heart there to take on AC and the big boys at Star, I would say that AA has got to be trying to find a way to re-enter Canada other than using it's own metal. Oneworld could fly again in the Canadian skies.
Old Apr 18, 2000, 12:31 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

I guess if Canada3000 were to enter Oneworld, a lot of things would have to change.

They would need to introduce a FF program, introduce competitive business class, more flights, more aircrafts....

It's a long way to go if they want to become a major airline instead of a charter.
Old Apr 19, 2000, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
From a marketing point of view I can understand why Canada 3000 would want to distance themselves from their charter origins. But joining oneworld? I believe that would be quite a stretch for them considering the other members and the expectations of the "market" that the likes of oneworld and Star are attempting to corner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.