Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Canadian Airlines Plus
Reload this Page >

AAdmiral's Club access with CPlus gold card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2000, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold

Not as simple a question as it seems. I will be travelling in the U.S. on US. I'm curious as to whether I can get into the AAdmirals' Club with a CPlus gold card when flying neither CP, AA nor any oneworld airlines.

Main incentive for the great southern route (SEA-BOS-LGW) is 33,000 miles, of which 28k+ are for US status.
Old Mar 29, 2000, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
I would say that luck will decide if you can enter or not in the lounge. I remember entering several times at the ORD AA lounge just showing my Gold card and not showing my ticket.
Sometimes an agent want to have a look at your boarding pass and there you would be in trouble...

It's probably worth trying it but the rules are clear you should fly AA or a One World partner to enter the lounge. Good luck...
Old Mar 29, 2000, 9:26 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
I fly through BOS quite a bit and, more times than not, they ask to see your boarding card.
Old Mar 31, 2000, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I thought the rules were quite clear: you had lounge access on the day of flight when flying a oneworld partner airline that day. When CP leaves oneworld, this will end, except for their special reciprocal agreement which will still permit access to Admirals Clubs when flying CP or AA (and AC?). It is true that some US clubs don't require you to be flying that carrier to use the lounge, but since you are not an Admiral Club member, I doubt they would have to honour their agreement with CP if you were not on either carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.