Cdn Plus Pts

Old Oct 12, 99, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Cdn Plus Pts

Hi

I am posting this to make everyone aware that Sears Club points may now be converted in Canadian Plus Points effective this past week. The ratio is 1:1 regardless of the amount of points exchanged.

Old Feb 22, 00, 3:11 pm

Recently I hit 1,000 Sears Club points buy shopping with my Sears Card.

I was thinking if it would be better to get a $15.00 Sears Club Certificate or convert my Sears Club points into 1,000 Cdn+ ponits.

Which do you think is the better deal $15.00 @ Sears or 1,000 Cdn+ points.

[Note: I decided to go for the Sears Club Certificates because I knew that I could benefit from the $15 now rather than the Cdn+ points down the road.]
Old Feb 22, 00, 9:24 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
At $0.03/mile, the 1000 miles is worth $30. It must be wroth more than $15 for Sears to offer you the cash, and remember the Sears will be getting a better deal on the conversion to CP points than you or I ever can.

IMHO, next time, take the points.
Old Feb 23, 00, 6:40 am
MD

I would have taken the cash, but it all depends on individual circumstances. For example, as an AC SE, I accumulate way more points than I am using, and the last thing I want to do when I am on vacation is get on a plane. I have in excess of 350,000 points, and no plans to use them. What good is another 1,000?

On the other hand, if you are trying to get enough points for a particular award, say the 25,000 for a NA long haul, then opportunities like that can get you a cheap ticket.

Also, until it is clear that we can merge our AC and CP points (I am sure that we eventually will be able to, but I am an optimist http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif ) I would hesitate to load up my CP account.

By the way, $0.03/point is a very expensive way to get a flight, and would only make sense if only a few points are needed.

Hope this helps

[This message has been edited by MD (edited 02-23-2000).]