AC-CP Codeshares

Old Feb 18, 00, 10:50 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
AC-CP Codeshares

CP code shares are slowly being introduced on AC planes and vice versa. Starting Feb 20 we can book some codeshares for CP and AC flights for departures from Feb 26 on routes linking Regina, Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, or Montreal.
AC codeshares will also be on CP flights involving travel on routes linking Toronto to Regina or Saskatoon for travel starting April 2.

All work on codesharing should be completed in March.
Old Feb 20, 00, 7:42 am

Programs: AC-E50. Marriott Plat
OK I'll be the first to admit that I'm not as experienced as some others here, so this may be a stupid Question, but if I am on a Codeshare flight with a CP flight number that happens to be operated on AC aircraft, what is the pecking order for upgrade stickers? I'm CP Gold and I think that means I can upgrade from any fare class.
Will rules for CP upgrades be made more restrictive to match AC?
As an aside, upgrades are more important to me than free travel - I 've been spoiled and now dread sitting in steerage. Also I have a good stash of sickers with expiry feb 2001 so this is of high interest to me.
Old Feb 20, 00, 7:51 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
They haven't announced interoperability of upgrades between the two airlines yet. They may not be eligible period, let alone for L or Q or K fares. I expect this will be sorted out by April but until then expect lots of confusion.

They will likely have a lot of unhappy customers for the short term unless they are somewhat flexible on use of upgrades.
Old Feb 20, 00, 8:56 am
Original Member

"...lot[s] of unhappy customers", fewer happy customers, or more satisfied uncustomers -- which is the best phrase?

I need to fly YVR-NYC in about 2 weeks, and I too am encountering the strange situation with seats but no availability, and availability but no seats, on flights connecting through YYZ. But rather than be an "unhappy" CP/AC customer, I've decided I'd rather be a satisfied AA customer.
Old Feb 20, 00, 8:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
In my experience, "satisfied AA customer" is an oxymoron, particularly when compared with AC (or even CP).

I am also nationalist enough to shop Canadian --if I can't fly AC, I will fly CP before I will fly UA (despite *A) unless there is a fare difference.