Wiki Posts
Search

CP silently making changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2000, 12:20 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

CP silently making changes

A lot of people here in the Empress lounge today as I am waiting for my 12:00 flight back to YYZ.

Just found out CP has cancelled one flights between YYZ and YVR..CP 984 which leaves YVR 8:30am and CP 933 which leaves at 5:45pm for YVR. So there will now be only one flight leaving for YYZ before noon. Either 986 on weekdays or 984 on weekends.

Apparantely, most changes will take effect on Feb 1 including YYC - YHZ. For some reason, apparantely loadings on this flight is very low, the couple times I've been on, there are probably no more than 50 people on board the 320.

Regards,
Empress

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 01-24-2000).]
Old Jan 24, 2000, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I just did YVR-YYC-YYZ today. To YYC, biz class was full, enconomy was about half full. To YYZ, biz was 75% full, economy was 50% full.
Old Jan 24, 2000, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

CP did it again today..cancelling CP 994, the 16:00 out of YVR which was a pretty full flight. I noticed this when I arrive at Toronto and notice that this flight saying cancelled. This is the second or third time this week which means it's probably not mechanical. This means another flight out of YYZ tomorrow will be cancelled because the equipment is not here.

They probably decided to cancel that flight after finding out AC's aircraft can fit all the passenger because that flight was still showing "ON TIME" at the time I left YVR which was 12:00. I just wish I will never be on a flight which CP cancels especially if I am upgraded on the CP flight.

The flight I was on today was 50% full in Y class and 100% in J class (They invited someone from Y class after takeoff to fill the one remaining empty seats in J class.)

Regards,
Empress
Old Jan 25, 2000, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Haven't noticed any cancellations out ofYEG as yet. Can you tell me which YYC-YHZ flight has been cancelled. There are two non-stops a day.

Did notice on a flight to YVR this weekend that J-class has new wine glasses engraved with the Cdn goose logo and the number 2000 underneath. Service was still very good, and the crew efficient, friendly if not bubbly.
Old Jan 25, 2000, 6:58 am
Original Poster

There's only 1 nonstop between YYC-YHZ, it's the 10:10 out of YYC and the 18:50 leaving halifax, that's gone as of Feb 1. The other so called "nonstop" stops in YYZ before continuing onto YHZ.

Regards,
Empress
Old Jan 25, 2000, 8:07 am
ALW

On Saturday morning, the 6:50 LAX-YVR was marked cancelled on the screens. I was booked on the 8:00am. Didn't ask why, I didn't want to know (there's an Alaska flight at 7:30 with CP codeshare as well).

andrew
Old Jan 25, 2000, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks Empress, that's the flight I am booked on for a J-class FF ticket in May. Wonder what I'll end up flying? I believe AC has a non-stop ex-YYC to YHZ. Will they protect me on AC in J-class? I'll let you all know when I find out. It will be one of the first CP award flights on AC if they do that. More likely they'll put me onto new flights via YYZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.