Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Low Load Factor

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2000, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Canadian Low Load Factor

I just did a quick YVR-TPE-YVR coach trip, those flights are really empty. Both flights were on 747 with 3-4-3 seating. Everybody gets 3 or 4 seats to sleep on and there were still a lot of empty rows. I figured around 20% load. I wonder how long this can last before they consolidate it with the AC flights on the same route.
Old Jan 23, 2000, 1:13 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

I guess loads are usually pretty low during these times. I believe the chinese new year are coming up, so those flights will be in high demand as a lot of people will be going back to Asia. Asia flights are usually full in Feb, March, July - Sep, Dec. My YYZ-HKG flight in Dec and Jan are almost 100% full both in J class and Y class. I expect the YYZ-HKG i am going on in 2 weeks will also be FULL since I have meetings in the second week of Feb and I have no way of getting even a J class seat on a couple of days.

Talk about consolidating flights, I have noticed CP cancelling flights without warning between YYZ - YVR - YYZ.

Heard a bunch of FAs talking about how worried they are about their jobs, also they talk about how CP could have survived on their own.

I have noticed that the last 4 or 5 YYZ-YVR-YYZ flights that I have taken in the last 2 weeks have been close to full.

Regards,
Empress

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 01-23-2000).]
Old Jan 23, 2000, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Chinese New Year seasons: Flights will be full out of HK, TPE to Canada. See for yourself the first week of Feb. Then count 7-15 days after for the return.

Chinese New Year usually lasts for 2 weeks and people will leave their businesses in Asia for their homes in Canada or elsewhere. And return 2 weeks after. Flights around the region are chock-block full, with many like CX having to put extra flights on. I was surprised that CP didn't cancel their HK-BKK flights till AFTER Chinese New Year, because they would have recouped some of their losses here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.