Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website Problems

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2000, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Website Problems

I have tried for two days now to get onto Cdn's website and get as far as the main opening screen, but can get into it no further. Are others experiencing similar problems with Cdn this Y2K?
Old Jan 2, 2000, 11:34 am
Original Member

Having booked 270,000 pts worth of BC tickets on Dec 31, I was checking my account regularly on the 31, 1, and today. As well, I looked up the web specials for a car rental in SFO. All worked fine, everyday. However, like a lot of sites, it seems the forgot to renew their RSA security key/certificate. That's the thing that allows for secure connections. I use an older (read "more reliable") version of Netscape, and it gives me several options when this happens. Perhaps you are using newer software that just prevents an unsecure connection?
Old Jan 2, 2000, 8:27 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Even worse, I couldn't even get to the every front page. Are they upgrading their website?
Old Jan 2, 2000, 8:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I think it must be down for maintenance as I haven't been able to log on all day.
Old Jan 2, 2000, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Having no problems here in Vancouver getting to the site since 29 Dec. and checking out my CPlus balance (waiting for an AA segment to credit for the 5th OneWorld segment)
Old Jan 3, 2000, 2:07 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
The site is a little slow but I had no problems getting in to look at my statements.
Old Jan 3, 2000, 7:52 am
ALW

I've had no problem going directly to the "login" page for reservations and checking points (https://reservations.cdnair.ca/nav.tpl?request=index-RVW). However I cannot connect at www.cdnair.ca, neither keying it myself nor from the link on the reservations page.

I think this is consistent with the reports posted above.

andrew
Old Jan 3, 2000, 8:42 am
Original Member

That is my problem too. www.cdnair.ca is not working for last few days.
Old Jan 3, 2000, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Interesting, it doesn't like www.cdnair.ca BUT www.cdnair.ca/index.htm (or .html) does work. Something buggy or not set right?
Old Jan 3, 2000, 11:13 am
Original Member

I just tried the www.cdnair.ca page, and it came right up. Did a reload, then cleared my cache, and it still came right up. But if all else fails, try www.cdnair.ca/cpi .
Old Jan 3, 2000, 11:18 am
Original Member

Still can't get any of the www.cdnair.ca sites to work but https://reservations.cdnair.ca/nav.t...uest=index-RVW does!

I have dumped my cache and reloaded many times.

Must be an Internet Explorer 5 thing (or maybe Canadian still doesn't like me http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif)

[This message has been edited by BlondeBomber (edited 01-03-2000).]
Old Jan 3, 2000, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
I've had no problem checking the site on 31st Dec 1999 and 1st Jan 2000, while Vancouver was still at 31st Dec 1999 time. I'm in Bangkok at the moment!

But lately something else is happening ...apparently a CP 747-400 aircraft (no.884) is 'stuck' in HKG and all the flights between HKG-BKK-HKG has been cancelled for the next 4 days. A few friends booked on those flights have been transferred to JL , CX and EK flights. Something about 'engine' problems. But if you check the timings of the CP8 flight returning from HKG to YVR, that flight has been pushed back to depart at 1900 meaning that CP is using the inbound aircraft from YVR arriving at 1830 to do a quick turnaround for the return flight. That means that the 'troubled' aircraft is still in HKG.

Anyway - just thought you should know...!
Old Jan 4, 2000, 2:01 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

That's right...all CP 8's from HKG are delayed for at least 4 hours awaiting CP 7 arrival from YVR for it's turnaround. I am returning from HKG on Jan 8...don't know whether I'll be effected. They have delayed flights up until Thursday. Anyword on what's up with that aircraft?, must be quite bad to be stuck for couple days... Tail No 884 is the one I came on...i believe it's the only 747 (or there's another one) that's not in new colours.

Regards,
Empress
Old Jan 5, 2000, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The world has returned to normal. Cdn's website is back up and accessible through its normal homepage. AC and Cdn have announced their annual winter/spring seat sales. The FlyerTalk light bulbs are lighting up again, just like the ones on the Christmas tree that is about to come down. And my cookies are functioning as they should, meaning I don't have to consult a crib sheet to find my Password anymore. What more could an FF ask for? (Well, yes, but it is a little early in the year for a 100K STAR alliance promo to match oneworld's...)
Old Jan 6, 2000, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Received this message from Cdn tonight:

"Thank you for writing to us at Canadian Airlines. We were experiencing
problems for folks using cable service providers this week, but it all
seems to be in order now. We appreciate you getting back to us as
sometimes we are not aware of specific problems. All the best for the
new millenium!!"

However, now it is the FlyerTalk site that has got problems again: no lights, no cookies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.