Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounges at Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 1999, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
BA Lounges at Heathrow

Just wondering which, if any, of BA's lounges are worth paying a visit to at Heathrow - both in Terminal 1 and 4. I have a LHR-EDI flight on Dec 30 (Terminal 1)and a LHR-YYC (Terminal 4) flight on Jan 2. Is anyone able to provide some insight?
Old Dec 20, 1999, 6:43 pm

the lounge in term 4 near gate 10 is closed for renovations. only part open is the first class/concorde part. the other one is near gate 6. didn't check it out cause it was too far away from my gate. the one in term 1 is kinda small, long and narrow. they seem to be friendly enough though at the desk.
Old Dec 20, 1999, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
The Executive Club lounge in T1 is smaller and seems to be quieter (need sapphire or higher status to visit it) - also brighter (the lounges are rather dim). That said it has fewer amenities. The Club Europe lounge adjoining (common check-in area) has free internet access terminals, a sleep area and shower facilities (best to check in to register for a shower before you do anything else).

Only been to the Executive Club and Club World lounge in T4 (It wasn't closed 24 Nov. - guess the closure is to install the "Terrace" renovation). A toss up - go upstairs for CW and downstairs for EC). Nothing much different between the two although the EC lounge may be a little bit more exclusive.

All have the usual assortment of drinks (juice, wine, spirits/liquors/wine, tea, coffee) and snacks (biscuits, nuts, crisps). Assortment of magazines *few) and newspapers (many). No free internet terminals in either (but there are pay ones).
Old Dec 20, 1999, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I used the smaller Terminal 4 lounge during the summer enroute to Paris, flights for which departed from this end of the terminal (as opposed to the main lounges suite -- First/Concorde, Club World, ExecClub -- at the other end). It was more intimate than the larger lounges and less crowded, but that now means it will be crowded and cramped if it's the only one in use right now. Same bar, snacks and tea/coffee selection but on a smaller scale.
Old Dec 21, 1999, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Thanks for the feedback.

Do the LHR-YYZ,YOW and YYC flights leave from the same gate(s) everytime usually (ie) Gate 10 which was referred to by Ionman?
Old Dec 21, 1999, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
The bulk of the CP metal flights I've taken from LHR T4 to Canada (we're talking only 6 here) have usally left from the main area (i.e. not the hike to gate 18(?) and up (only one of 7).

The others have usually left from gate 16 (near the KLM/Servisair lounge which CP Gold/Platinum members can use) and from front-of-terminal gates once.

The Servisair Lounge isn;t too bad. About the same selection of drinks and snacks as the BA lounge and is generally quiet mid-morning as the business travellers have all generally left.

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 12-24-1999).]
Old Dec 24, 1999, 3:18 pm
ALW

Just flew in from London (and are my arms...).

The "other" lounge (only one I was allowed in) is between gates 1a and 1b. A long walk from gate 15, whence we flew.

Not a bad place, guess I'd be more dazzled if I were only familiar with AA and TWA lounges like in LAX. But it was nice enough. CP's in Vancouver and Toronto are nicer.

Weird having no monitors for flight status, and flights announced. (Considering that even AC and CP insist it's not doable!).

andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.