Search

No major CPlus so far....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 1999, 4:00 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

No major CPlus so far....

Meant to say "no major CPlus changes so far."

Just got off the phone with the Exec. Plat desk and they told me so far they have been told no major changes to the programs next year except some increase in awards level. She said they've been told to handle upgrades the same way as it is....Good news so far.

Regards,
Empress

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 12-09-1999).]
Old Dec 9, 1999, 4:39 pm
Original Member

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get comped to Gold prior to AC moving in? I am 1999 Gold, but only had 10,000 Q miles and 5 flights. I am Aeroplan Elite with 38,000 Q miles and 42 flights for the year.

It would be helpful for me to get this done sooner rather than later, as I need to be booking ten flights for January and Ferbuary:
YYZ-YVR Jan 1
YVR-YYZ Jan 4/5
YGK-YYZ Jan 13
YYZ-YUL Jan 13
YUL-YYZ Jan 16
YYZ-YGK Jan 16
YGK-YYZ Feb 18
YYZ-YYC Feb 18
YYC-YYZ Feb 27
YYZ-YGK Feb 27

If I get comped I will abandon AC outright. I know that they don't care, but I would feel better about myself.

Do you think from CP's point of view, they would bother comping anyone anymore?

[This message has been edited by Fisch (edited 12-09-1999).]
Old Dec 9, 1999, 5:02 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

I don't see why CP would be comping anyone now that AC owns them. However, I believe from CP's employee viewpoint, they are still competing with AC and they are not the best of friends, so there is still a chance. I don't know whether they are planning to make changes to GOLD program next year. Now that AC has made those unbelievable changes to their program, a lot of people will wish they were in CP's program especially if they don't make any changes to their program next year. If a bunch of people start asking CP for Elite status, I think CP is just going to say "NO".

Then CP will ask one question to everyone of them: "Why didn't all you people fly with us before and now you are trying to use the benefits of our program because your once 'favourite' program have decided that you are no longer that important. If you would have flown with us all the way, we would still be in the air without all these mess."

Anyways, in regards to getting GOLD status, try sending email to [email protected] (quite sure this is the address) and state that you'll be flying more next year and don't mention that you are an AC Elite in the first email to them because as far as I know, some CP employee are feeling very frustrated at AC. However, one thing I have to warn you is even if they comp you, your membership status might not Start til Feb 00...

Good Luck.

Regards,
Empress
Old Dec 9, 1999, 10:59 pm
Original Member

Fisch:

Who knows, maybe you'll get a CP employee who's just as disgusted as we are, and will comp you just to get even with AC. Doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility to me.
Old Dec 9, 1999, 11:05 pm
Original Member

Another thought comes to mind. Maybe if you said "Here's ten flights. Give me Gold, and they're yours." I wouldn't use that language, of course, but you get the idea.

Ten flights in about 8 weeks should pretty much qualify you for a Gold "challange." It looks to be about 10,500 miles, as well.
Old Dec 10, 1999, 12:09 am
In Memoriam

OK. I'm holding two CP biz class award reservations Seattle-Quebec-Montreal-Seattle purchased with AS miles to attend the Montreal FAQ in July. I had a choice of several airlines (NW, AA, CO), but went with CP after all your raves. Any idea what this will mean to me? Should I redeposit my miles (it'll cost me) and go with another airline? Darn! I made the air reservations early and built all my hotel, train reservations around them. Any insight would be appreciated.
Old Dec 10, 1999, 11:36 am
Original Member

Keep your tickets. Canadian is going to continue for at least another year. If some of your flights are cancelled when CP/AC revise timetables, then they will put you on a similar flight.

The service may not be as good as when you fly CP in July, but who knows.

[This message has been edited by Fisch (edited 12-10-1999).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.